This D1 Studio Kit includes two 500Ws Monolights, one sync Cable, two D1 white umbrellas, two D1 stands, and a carrying case.
The Profoto D1 ushers in a new standard for quality and consistency in professional monolights. Borrowing features and technology from the Profoto D4 and all new Pro8Air, the new Profoto D1 gives the best of all worlds in a small, easy to use, monolight.
The Profoto D1 Air is fully digital, not just on the display panel, but in the flash output control circuitry as well. This ensures consistency in flash-to-flash color temperature and flash output. The dual mode SMPS capacitor charging technology ensures the flash-to-flash precision which is essential for today’s photographer. Offering color consistency of 40 degrees Kelvin from flash to flash and output constancy of 1/50th of an f/stop, no other monolights even comes close.
Short flash duration gives images a crisp feel and the fast recycling means that you’ll never have to wait for the flash. These are important qualities for portrait and studio photographers who want an easy-to-pack, rugged, monolights design. The new Profoto D1 monolight system, available in 250, 500 or 1000 watt-second versions, can be adjusted from full to 1/64th power in 1/10th stop intervals. This gives you a range of seven f/stops in precise, repeatable and consistent output.
The fan-cooled Profoto D1 accepts the full line of light modifiers, such as beauty dishes, snoots or grids. However, one difference is, the new units incorporate a built-in reflector in the design, eliminating the need to carry a standard or umbrella reflector. This makes travel much easier.
The D1’s come with a 300-watt quartz-halogen proportional modeling light, which together with the flash tube are covered by a flat protective glass. Traditional glass times are also available for use with wide angle reflectors. The unit can be used with any worldwide voltage, from 90–130 and 200–240 volts without having to change the modeling light. Features:
- Full digital display and control - Quickly and accurately set the flash and create the images you want
- Built-in microprocessor controlled output - Ensure output consistency in color and output form flash to flash
- Extensive Power Control - 7 f/stop range in 1/10 increments allows for extreme control, letting you focus on the shoot, not the equipment
- Built-in reflector gives a high light output - Minimizes the equipment needed. Easier and more portable to take on the go
- Short recycling times - Keeps up with the active objects and the fast shooting speeds of today’s digital cameras
- Short flash duration - Freeze action and produce a crisper, cleaner image
- (2) 500Ws D1 Monolights
- (1) Sync Cable
- (2) D1 white umbrellas
- (2) D1 stands
- (1) Kit Case