From the Manufacturer:
Featuring a stylish, easy-to-handle design, the AG-AC90 AVCCAM HD handheld camcorder captures native 1920 x 1080 resolution images and records in 1080/60p, 60i, 30p and 24p, as well as in standard definition (480/60i) in 60Hz.
The AC90 debuts a premium professional AVCCAM HD recording mode, the PS mode (28 Mbps, 60p only), and also records video in the PH mode (average 21 Mbps/Max 24Mbps), the HA mode (approx.17 Mbps), and the extended recording HE mode (approx. 6 Mbps) as well as SD (at 9 Mbps.) Shooters will find invaluable its wide 29.8mm to 357.6 mm (35mm equivalent)12X optical zoom lens with three independent adjustable rings for zoom, focus and iris for a wide viewing angle, and Panasonic’s exclusive Nano Surface Lens Coating that reduces ghosting and flares.
The AC90 includes; a five-axis image stabilizer that dramatically improves stabilization for hand-held shooting; a 4K2K pixel shifting technology for a sharper image; and an Intelligent Zoom Auto that provides seamless digital zooming up to 25X magnification while minimizing decreases in resolution. The standard zoom length is 12X.
With two SD slots for continuous recording, the AC90 can record up to 12 hours on two 64GB SDB cards in PS mode,. (There will be a skip in the video as it changes to the second card) The two slots can also be utilized for simultaneous back-up recording. Additionally the camera can be set up to record video on one card and the Stills on the second card.
The AC90 is compatible with Panasonic’s ultra high-speed UHS-1 Memory Card series (in addition to providing SDXC and SDHC card support), with transfer rates of 90MBs, 4-1/2 times as fast as the previous generation of SDHC media. The AC90 includes such desirable professional features as SMPTE time code/User Bite recording; and two wired remote control terminals (for zoom, focus, iris, REC start/stop controls). Standard professional interfaces include an HDMI output, USB 2.0 (mini B-type), Multi-AV output, and a built-in stereo or 5.1 Dolby Digital microphone. The camcorder features two locking XLR audio inputs with switches for mic/line, two RCA audio outputs. The camera can also record 2 channels of uncompressed audio.
For editing or playback, professionals can transfer content by inserting the SD Memory Card into Mac or PC computers or by connecting the camera directly via its USB 2.0 interface. Panasonic’s AVCCAM Importer software, a QuickTime plug-in component that eliminates the need to convert AVCHD files to ProRES422 files before editing in Final Cut Pro, is available as a free download from the company’s web site.
- 3-year limited warranty (one year plus two extra years upon registration)
- BSI (backside illumination) type 3-mos image sensors have an effective pixel count of 2,190,000
- Audio CH1/CH2 with individual level controls and input selection
- Focus in Red button shows when your subject is in focus by outlining subject edges in red
- Remote terminals enable remote operation of iris, focus, zoom and Rec Start/Stop functions
- Handle grip contains both the Rec Start/Stop button and a zoom speed control for the lens
- Still shots with 3-megapixel resolution. (Still shots can also be captured during video recording)
- Six present scene settings that can be freely changed to meet your shooting style
- Seven programmable user buttons, three are actual buttons and the other four are on the LCD
- 2x, 5x and 10x digital zoom function
- Versatile pro recording functions, including Interval Record, Pre-Record, Record Check, Last Clip Delete
- Widescreen 1.15-million pixel 3.5-inch LCD color monitor that rotates 270 degrees
- F1.5 lens offers rendering good lowlight performance
- HD/SD Multi-Formats: 60 Hz mode & 50 Hz model
- Large-capacity 5,400 mAh battery provides about 6 hrs. of continuous shooting in PH mode.