As the latest flagship camera of the H System, the H5D features a complete new electronic engine and intuitive user interface. Designed to take Hasselblad users to the next level of image excellence and to new creative levels, the H5D represents a new generation of that evolution.
So, aside from its larger and more ergonomic buttons and easy-to-read display, what’s new with the H5D? Perhaps the biggest change is its new and improved True Focus-II technology, with Absolute Position Lock (APL), which eliminates focus error when focusing on a subject outside the center area. The APL processor accurately logs camera movement during any recomposing to calculate the necessary focus adjustment. The H5D’s firmware further perfects the focus using the precise data retrieval system found in all H System lenses. Its Immediate Focus Confirm (IFC) does just that — confirms focus!
Hasselblad’s new hardware architecture gives you the option of delivering print-ready JPEG ¼-resolution files, in addition to superb RAW files. Other new features include a new macro converter for superb close-up performance with wide-angle lenses, sealing for improved weatherproofing and a camera configurator that makes it easier to customize the camera to suit your personal style.
The H5D comes with both Phocus, the Hasselblad proprietary image processing software, and Adobe Lightroom 4. It’s compatible with the Hasselblad H System lens line (12 lenses from 24 to 300mm) with integral central lens shutter system and all central lens shutter V system Carl Zeiss lenses by using the optional CF adapter.
The H5D-40 features a 40-megapixel sensor (5478 x 7304 pixels) with a dimension of 32.9 x 43.8mm, versatile capture with up to 256-second exposure times, 100 – 1600 ISO range and image raw size of 50MB with 16-bit color depth. Its color display is a 3" double-res TFT, 24 bit color with 460 x 320 pixels solution.From the Manufacturer:
The H5D series is the latest step in the evolution of the best high-end camera system in the world, with new look, improved ergonomics and upgraded performance on a number of levels. The improvements include more precise autofocus with True Focus II, a new faster processor and electronics architecture, smoother user interface and much more. The H5D Camera series will provide the ultimate high-end addition to any serious photographer's capture equipment.Features:
- 40 million pixel sensors, with almost twice the capture area of the largest 35 mm DSlR sensors.
- “Best of breed”, high performance HC/HCD lens line, featuring twelve central lens shutter lenses, 24 mm–300 mm, with two Zoom Options (and more than 15 Carl Zeiss V System lenses with the use of the CF lens Adapter).
- An extremely large light path, providing more detail and clarity and the market’s brightest and largest viewfinder image.
- Advanced communication between camera components providing the foundation for a multitude of image quality enhancements.
- Perfect clarity and color rendering without gradation break-ups in even the
finest lit surfaces and cleaner images even at long exposures.
- Hasselblad’s Natural Color Solution (HNCS) for outstanding and reliable out of- the-box colors, with correct natural skin tones, specific product colors and other difficult tones reproduced easily and effectively, with no need for special color profiles or templates.
- Unique Hasselblad Modularity: HTS tiltshift adapter, Macro converter, CF-adapter for Carl Zeiss lenses, battery adapter for view-camera operation of digital capture unit, and interchangeable focusing screens.
- Unique accurate focusing with new True Focus-II and Immediate Focus
- Print ready JPEG-files in 1/4 resolution with Hasselblad Natural Colors.