This premium compact camera follows in the footsteps of its highly acclaimed predecessor, theX10, however the X20 offers substantially improved performance features. With its 12-megapixel 2/3" X-Trans CMOS II sensor, EXR Processor II and Advanced Optical Viewfinder, the X20 is loaded with Fujifilm’s latest technology.
One outstanding new feature is the X20’s Digital Trans Panel in its bright optical viewfinder, which clearly displays the shutter speed, aperture, ISO focusing area and other shooting information. The viewfinder is also synched with the zoom lens for continuous accuracy when the focal length is changing. Its built-in Phase Detection pixels allow for high-speed autofocusing (AF) in as little as 0.06 seconds, with a start-up time of approximately 0.5 seconds and a shutter-time lag of approximately 0.01 seconds.
Other performance enhancers include a Focus Peak Highlight that highlights the area of the image currently in focus, a high-precision f/2.0-2.8 4x manual barrel zoom lens with image stabilization mechanisms, Film Simulation modes and Advanced Filter functions. In Super Macro mode you can shoot as close as 1 cm (0.39") from your subject for stunning close-ups.
The X20 can also shoot Full HD Video at 60 fps and at a high-bit rate of 36Mbps with reduced noise and enhanced image quality. Its new Movie Scene Recognition feature can automatically recognize six types of scene and optimize the settings for suberb results. An optional stereo microphone can also be attached for improved audio.
This strong, yet lightweight camera is ergonomically designed for intuitive use and also features a “Q” (Quick) button which can call up frequently used menu items such as ISO, a “Fn” (Function) button which allows you to assign features frequently used while shooting. It is available in all black and two-tone black and silver.From the Manufacturer:Features:
- Advanced Optical Viewfinder: Comprising 2 aspherical lenses, 2 glass prisms and other high performance optical elements, the real-image optical zoom viewfinder delivers 85% coverage and a 20° horizontal apparent field of view with amazing optical clarity. Integrated in less than 1mm of space in the viewfinder configuration, the Digital Trans Panel, an ultra-thin LCD panel not only maintains the brightness of the optical viewfinder, but also provides a clear display of the focus area, shutter speed and other shooting information so you can compose your shot without taking your eye from the viewfinder. The newly developed Digital Trans panel automatically switches the color of information in the shooting frame according to the scene and shooting conditions. Normally displayed in black, shooting information is automatically displayed by green LEDs for enhanced visibility in especially dark scenes. This function also applies to the display of the focusing area frame when AF fixes on a subject. And when an error occurs, the displayed information changes to red to aid your shooting decisions.
- Special prism is the key to the bright viewfinder: The adoption of a Dach glass prism in the advanced zoom viewfinder contributes to both FUJIFILM X20's compact size and exceptionally clear, bright view.
- Eye Sensor: When you bring the camera to your eye, the viewfinder can sense it and will switch automatically to viewfinder mode. Then when you lower the camera the display switches to the LCD on the back of the camera. Alternatively you can select to always display images on the LCD or to always use the Viewfinder depending on your preferences.
- Diopter Adjustment Dial: Located on the left-hand side of the viewfinder, the dial lets you adjust viewfinder focus from -3.0 - +1.0m-1 (dpt) for comfortable viewing even for glasses wearers.
- Large 2/3-inch X-Trans CMOS II Sensor: Featuring Fujifilm's bespoke pixel array, the FUJIFILM X20 captures high quality images with its large 2/3-inch X-Trans CMOS II sensor. And you'll be able to enjoy high-speed continuous photography and Full HD movie shooting thanks to the high performance CMOS element of the sensor.
- OLPF-less architecture and 2/3-inch 12M X-Trans CMOS II sensor processing capture your world with crystal clarity: Originally developed by FUJIFILM for the FUJIFILM X20, the 2/3-inch X-Trans CMOS II sensor inherits the same architecture and features of the high performance sensor found in the acclaimed FUJIFILM X-Pro1 flagship model. Adoption of BSI (backside illumination) technology enables the successful incorporation of phase detection pixels into the array without affecting sensitivity performance- the key to FUJIFILM X20's high-speed AF
- Advanced technology and processing help transfer the power of the lens into true to life photos: X-Trans CMOS II adopts an original color filter array with a highly random pattern, eliminating the need for an optical low-pass filter (OLPF), which is used in conventional systems to inhibit moiré at the expense of resolution. This lets the sensor directly capture the high resolution performance of the FUJIFILM X20 lens. Also exploiting the enhanced performance of the EXR Processor II, Lens Modulation Optimizer (LMO) factors are calculated to compensate for aberrations and diffraction blur that occur when light passes through the lens and then are applied to produce images with amazing sharpness.
- Switching between phase detection and contrast AF, New Intelligent Hybrid AF autofocuses in as fast as 0.06 sec: Depending on the scene, Intelligent Hybrid AF instantly switches between high-speed phase detection AF and contrast AF, which can focus on the subject even in dark scenes. Applying the fastest algorithm according to the targeted subject and scene, it can bring your subject into clear focus in as fast as 0.06 sec. so those priceless moments are clearly and crisply caught by your lens.
- Double the processing speed of a conventional image processor.
EXR Processor II: The blazing image processing performance of the newly developed EXR Processor II not only produces images with increased resolution and higher quality at higher speeds, but also accelerates operational responses. Adoption of a dual CPU and increased clock frequency elevate performance to about twice the processing speed of the previous generation. These LSI improvements also speed up operation, reducing start-up time to only about 0.5 sec. Working in tandem with the high-speed signal readout of the X-Trans CMOS II sensor, the processor reduces the shooting interval to 0.5 second, cuts shutter time lag to approx. 0.01 sec., and raises the maximum continuous shooting speed to 12fps.
- Maximum High-Speed Continuous Shooting Speed of 12fps (max.11 frames):The combination of the improved processing speed of the EXR Processor II and fast readout speed of the X-Trans CMOS II sensor enables high-speed 12fps continuous shooting at full 12-Megapixel resolution. This is particularly useful when shooting moving subjects and later selecting the best shot.
- Quick Start Mode: From SLEEP to ON in about 0.5 sec. After turning OFF the power, the FUJIFILM X20 enters a “sleep” mode (for a maximum of 24 minutes). If the power is turned ON during this time, the FUJIFILM X20 “wakes up” instantly, reducing the normal startup time from 0.9 sec. to approx. 0.5 sec. ready for you to frame and capture the moment.
- High Performance Mode: Ultra fast 0.06 sec. AF and more. From instantaneous autofocusing in as fast as 0.06 sec. to enhanced LCD monitor brightness, this mode lets you enjoy the ultimate performance of the FUJIFILM X20.
- High Contrast LCD Monitor: Featuring a bright, high contrast, 2.8-inch 460K-dot LCD monitor which lets you comfortably compose and preview your shots. With its ultra-wide viewing angle, you can hold the camera high or low to frame your shot, and later let everyone gather around to enjoy the results.
- Bright F2.0-F2.8 FUJINON 4x Manual Optical Zoom Lens: The lens features superb F2.0-2.8 brightness and a 4x optical zoom that promises high-resolution optical performance across the entire range from 28mm wide angle to 112mm telephoto. From the aspheric and ED lenses to high-refractive index lens, every element in the design is made from high-performance optical glass and treated with a multi-layer HT-EBC (High Transmittance Electron Beam Coating) for high resistance to ghosting and lens flare.
- Enjoy the exceptional definition of Full HD Movie Shooting!: Full HD Movie (1920 x 1080) mode features 60fps for smoother capture of the action in full high definition. Shooting movies at the high bit-rate of 36Mbps results in enhanced image quality and clarity that reveals every detail from individual leaves in the trees to subtle changes in facial expression. You can also take advantage of Monochrome and the vivid color expression of other Film Simulation modes, and exploit the brightness of the lens to shoot movies with a dreamy “bokeh” effect. Also the new movie scene recognition function can automatically recognise 6 types of scene and optimise settings for beautiful results under a variety of shooting conditions