From the Manufacturer:
A premium interchangeable lens camera, the X-T1 features evolved SLR-style handling, mechanical dials and weather-resistance (when paired with a weather resistant X mount lens), together with all the benefits of an X-Series camera, such as compact size, excellent mobility and high-speed performance. What’s more, its newly developed electronic viewfinder is almost indistinguishable from an optical viewfinder thanks to its ultra fast display speed.
The Real Time Viewfinder revolution
Combining a unique wide-angle view, along with the world’s highest magnification (0.77x) for a digital camera, the X-T1’s electronic viewfinder provides a truly immersive shooting experience. But it’s the viewfinder’s display speed that really sets it apart; with a lag-time of just 0.005sec – that’s one tenth the speed of conventional digital cameras– you’ll feel a total connection to the subjects you’re shooting.
Perfect alignment of the viewfinder with the optical axis of the lens
With its 2.36m dot resolution OLED display producing a crisply detailed view of whatever you’re shooting, the X-T1’s EVF lets you immerse yourself in the action, just as you’d feel with a traditional optical viewfinder.
But while the vision it creates is the smoothest and purest yet on a digital camera, the X-T1’s viewfinder also packs in breakthrough technologies to help your photography. The viewfinder's newly designed Graphic User Interface provides a fresh shooting experience with clear details and a comfortable at-a-glance view of your settings.
Its four display modes offer a shooting experience impossible with an optical viewfinder:
1. "FULL" mode takes full advantage of the high magnification ratio of the X-T1's viewfinder to give an unrivalled view of the scene
2. "NORMAL" provides an optimum view, including shooting settings
3. "DUAL" is specially designed for manual focusing with a clever split view. Where the regular view and manual focus area can be simultaneously checked (with Digital Split ImageTM or Focus Peak Highlight)
4. For a “PORTRAIT” view in ”NORMAL" and ”FULL” modes, the interface automatically rotates when the camera is held verticallyWorld’s fastest AF speed
The perfect view needs autofocus to match and with its EXR Processor II and X-Trans CMOS II sensor, the X-T1 delivers. The new X-Trans sensor has phase detection AF built in so a world-beating response of just 0.08 seconds is achieved and the EXR Processor II allows a super-fast 0.5 second start-up time, 0.05 second shutter time lag and a 0.5 second shooting interval. It also allows up to 8 frames per second with tracking AF and is the first-ever model to be compatible with SDXC UHS-II format memory cards, so the data writing speed in continuous mode increases to about twice that of a conventional card.Tough, weather-resistant design
As good as it looks and handles, the X-T1 is also tough enough to take on almost any shooting assignment. Thanks to approximately 80 points of weather sealing, the camera body is dust-resistant and water-resistant, giving it plenty of protection from dirt and moisture. With it offering freeze resistance to -10 degrees C, it enables full-fledged field photography without worrying about the weather or the season and the LCD features tempered glass for additional outdoor protection.
The optional vertical battery grip (VG-XT1) has the same hardy structure, so when twinned with the XT-1 body, it’s completely secured against the elements.
Fujifilm is launching three weather-resistant zoom lenses to complement the X-T1 camera, these will all be available during 2014, with the XF18-135mm launching in June. The three lenses are the XF18-135mmF3.5-5.6 R OIS WR, XF16-55mmF2.8 R OIS WR and the XF50-140mmF2.8 R OIS WR.Traditional handling, modern response
With five mechanical dials on the top-plate, two command dials on the front and rear and six fully customizable function buttons, the X-T1 feels and functions like a proper photographic tool in the hand. The top-plate includes machined-aluminum double-deck dials for the shutter speed, exposure compensation, ISO sensitivity, metering and drive modes, and each is designed to turn with a reassuring click, while their textured surfaces gives a firm purchase when setting up a shot. With their exposure values clearly marked, settings be checked at a glance without using the rear LCD and the dials are perfectly arranged so that functions can be changed without removing your eye from the viewfinder. The six customizable function buttons and two command-dials arranged on the front and rear complete the picture, ensuring whatever setting is desired it can be reached in an instant.Advanced X Trans II Sensor and EXR II Processor
Featuring the same X-Trans CMOS II sensor as the celebrated X-E2. The X-T1’s X-Trans II sensor controls moiré and false color generation by using an original color filter array with a highly randomized pixel arrangement. This removes the need for an Optical Low Pass Filter (OLPF) that degrades resolution.
The EXR Processor II corrects even fractional blurring at the edges of the lens, as well as diffraction blur caused when narrowing the aperture. Image quality is further enhanced by the inclusion of a Lens Modulation Optimizer (LMO) for interchangeable lens cameras. This advanced technology has been made possible by the integrated development of lens, sensor and processor and is based on the optical performance and characteristics of each individual lens to maximize its resolving power.
Key features of the Fujifilm X-T1Ultimate high-speed responses, including the world’s fastest AF
World’s fastest AF of 0.08 seconds is achieved with Fujifilm’s proprietary imaging area phase-detection. Startup time of 0.5 seconds, shutter time lag of 0.05 seconds and shooting interval of 0.5 seconds have been achieved with the image processing engine EXR Processor II – with more than twice as fast a processing speed as the previous processor.
High resolution, low noise and unique color reproduction
- Phase detection AF and motion predictive AF for continuous shooting up to 8 frames per second.
- World’s first compatibility with Ultra High Speed UHS-II SD memory cards.
Weather resistant structure
- Dust and water-resistant body with approximately 80 points of weather sealing. Freeze resistance to -10°C.
- Vertical battery grip VG-XT1 and three new zoom lenses offer the same weather resistance to secure the entire system.
Flagship build quality and intuitive operation
- 16.3 megapixel APS-C size X-Trans CMOS II sensor with original color array to control moiré and false colors without a optical low path filter.
- Resolution and low noise comparable to that of models with ‘full-frame’ sensors.
- Proprietary image design technology reproduces true-to-life colors.
- Redesigned circuit board design enables high ISO 51200 setting (*10).
- Lens Modulation Optimizer technology maximizes each lens’ performance.
Accessories for refined shooting
- Die-cast magnesium body provides a sturdy and durable, while compact and lightweight design.
- Double-deck, precision-milled aluminum dials for shutter speed, ISO setting, exposure compensation, metering and drive mode, with notched settings.
- Body and grip designed for correct balance when attaching telephoto and large-diameter lenses.
- Twin command dials and six Function buttons for instant control and customization.
- Tempered glass 1.04million dot high-precision tilting LCD monitor.
The Vertical battery grip (VG-XT1) completely integrates with the body in both vertical and normal position, while offering weather resistance. The grip includes shutter release button, twin command dials, AE-L and AF-L buttons, Focus-assist button and Key Lock Lever in the same orientation as the body.
An EF-X8 flash (Guide Number 11) (*11) is included with the camera and has a compact body designed to match the X-T1 plus Fujifilm’s Super intelligent flash performance.
The Assist grip (MHG-XT) supports extended shooting. Your battery and card can be removed with the grip in place when using a tripod. It also works as a quick-release plate on the tripod.Enhanced wireless functions
Free “FUJIFILM Camera Remote” application and “Wireless Communication” function allows users to remotely shoot images from smartphones and tablets.Wireless functions via the “FUJIFILM Camera Remote” include Touch AF, shutter release for stills and movies, shutter speed, aperture, exposure compensation, ISO sensitivity, Film Simulation modes, White Balance, macro, timer and flash. Instant transfer and location tagging of images via your smartphones and tablets. Wi-Fi transfer also enables backup of the data in the camera onto the computer wirelessly.Interval timer shooting
Interval timer shooting for Time Lapse photography is available with intervals of 1 second to 24 hours and up to 999 frames.