Representing a new standard of excellence, the Epson Stylus Pro 7890 incorporates Epson’s latest achievements in photographic ink jet technology. By combining the precision of their MicroPiezo TFP print head with the proven performance of their eight-color Epson UltraChrome K3 with Vivid Magenta, the newest generation of Epson Stylus Pro printers continue to represent a level of technology unprecedented in Epson's history.
Epson UltraChrome K3 with Vivid Magenta utilizes eight colors - including auto-switching Photo and Matte Black inks - while setting the benchmark standard for the industry. Even more remarkable, by combining them with Epson’s AccuPhoto HD screening technology, they have once again raised the level of print quality.
The printer’s advanced Epson MicroPiezo TFP print head is capable of producing higher quality prints, at speeds almost twice as fast as the previous generation. And, with Epson’s latest ink-repelling coating and auto nozzle verification technologies, clogged nozzles are virtually eliminated.
Like their higher-end Epson Stylus Pro 900 series printers, Epson has developed, in partnership with X-Rite, a high performance, in-line spectrophotometer (sold separately) for commercial proofing applications. When driven by the latest front-end RIPs, the SpectroProofer can automate virtually any color management process in your workflow.
The Stylus Pro 7890 is capable of handling virtually any media type, in roll or cut sheets, up to 24 inches wide. Whether producing sellable color or black-and-white photography, point-of-sale signage, or even color accurate commercial proofs for client approvals, creative professionals now have a powerful tool allowing them to produce their vision without compromise.
EFI eXpress for Epson included with Designer Edition
- Easy-to-Use intuitive interface saves time and produces accurate output.
- Print directly from the latest creative design software, or drag-and-drop files to a hot folder.
- True Adobe PDF and Postscript 3 print engine ensures compatibility with your design files.
- Professional ICC color management, based on BestColor technology used in the commercial EFI Colorproof XF RIP offered with the Epson Proofing Edition Series.
- Handles both CMYK data for accurate proofing to industry standards, and RGB data for exceptional results with Photography and Fine Art.
- Reproduces accurate spot colors with the included PANTONE, DIC, HKS, and TOYO libraries.
- True cross platform network printing via hot folder or eXpress Virtual Print technology.
- Software supported on both Macintosh OS X and Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Includes Epson media support out of the box, and the ability to add custom media types.