Whether you’re using your desktop or laptop computer, iPad or iPhone to view, much less print your images, color calibration is essential to color consistency. The Spyder4 EXPRESS improves your accuracy and precision by up to 26%, and it’s the only software that allows you to use the same sensor to calibrate all of your displays.
It features a patented, full-spectrum 7-color sensor that can accurately characterize a variety of wide gamut and normal displays. Its fourth-generation sensor uses double-shielded filters for longer life and improved performance.
Spyder4 EXPRESS automates and simplifies display calibration. Install the software, attach the color sensor to USB, and step through the wizard. The sensor measures a series of colors on your screen and creates a “profile” that brings your display to a reference state. You can then compare how the images look before and after calibration.From the Manufacturer:
Spyder4 EXPRESS features a patented, full-spectrum 7-color sensor that can accurately characterize a variety of wide gamut and normal displays. Spyder4EXPRESS software lets you use the same sensor to calibrate your computer, iPad and iPhone. No other calibrator has this capability. The fourth-generation sensor uses double-shielded filters for longer life and better performance. On average, accuracy and precision are improved by 26% and 19% respectively.Why Color Calibrate your display?
- Displays render the same image differently: Calibration tunes your display to a reference standard and brings color consistency across desktop, laptop, iPad and iPhone.
- Displays change over time: Recalibration returns it to reference state for brightness and color
- Prints often do not match display: Display calibration provides a base for better print matching
- Wide gamut displays may be oversaturated: Without calibration even wide-gamut displays may be inaccurate.
- Highlight and shadow details may be inaccurate: Control of brightness, white point and tone response with calibration.
- Image colors are not true to life: After calibration, images can be viewed and edited with confidence
Photographers and designers can work confidently on a properly color calibrated screen and can assert greater control over the color fidelity of their digital process. Images can be reliably assessed and adjusted on a properly calibrated display, enabling true-to-life reproduction of image files.