This “beginner-friendly” camera is a great starting point for anyone who wants to step up their interest, and quality output with a DSLR camera. The T3i features Canon’s tried-and-true 18-megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor, 9-point AF and 63-zone metering system. For those wishing to improve the quality of their available-light images, it boasts an impressive ISO range of 100 to 6400 that is expandable to 12,800.
In addition to its attractive price tag, the T3i offers a number of features that make creative photography easy, inlcluding its Feature guide, which displays short explanations of what each function does, and a Scene Intelligent Auto exposure mode that analyzes the scene in front of the camera and sets its exposure and image-processing parameters accordingly.
Another nice beginner touch for those starting out making movies is its Video Snapshot mode that allows the user to create short “takes,” rather than one long continuous clip, and play them back sequentially, and to use them to produce more complex movies without having to edit them on a computer. And for those more adventurous, the T3i offers full manual control for even more creative options.
To add to the creative capabilities of this camera, the T3i offers a host of features. Its Basic+ allows you to control the “look” of your images by easily controlling background blur. Its Creative Filters provide a range of effects to your images after you’ve shot them, including toy camera, fisheye and fake-miniature. And nothing inspires creativity more than changing up lenses on your DSLR, and the T3i accepts the full line of Canon EF and EF-S lenses.
All in all, the T3i is an open and affordable invitation to improve your photographs and have fun in the process.From the Manufacturer:
Looking for an easy-to-use camera that will help you create your next masterpiece? Look no further than the Canon EOS Rebel T3i. The next in a long line of phenomenal compact DSLRs, the EOS Rebel T3i continues the Rebel tradition of easy operation, compact design and no-compromise performance. Featuring Canon's DIGIC 4 Image Processor and an 18.0 Megapixel CMOS Image Sensor - plus cutting-edge technologies like Full HD video recording, Live View shooting, Wireless flash photography and even a Vari-angle 3.0-inch LCD monitor - the EOS Rebel T3i offers the best of EOS photography in a compact package.
Regardless of experience level, the EOS Rebel T3i will help maneuver you down the path of taking great photos with the new EOS Feature Guide. The guide is designed to help first-time users and beginning enthusiasts better understand each camera setting with descriptions and guided recommendations for when to utilize certain settings. Along with an explanation of camera settings and modes, the Feature Guide includes easy-to-understand directions of how to use particular settings such as aperture adjustment in Canon's Creative Auto mode.
Canon aims to make everyone a better photographer and has enhanced the capabilities of the Rebel T3i's automatic mode with new Scene Intelligent Auto technology, re-branding the green mode dial setting with a boxed "A+" design. This new camera setting now takes Picture Style into account as part of the camera's "Auto" setting. Previously, the automatic setting on a Rebel DSLR adjusted exposure, focus, white balance, and Auto Lighting Optimizer. By incorporating this fifth parameter the camera more intelligently analyzes scenes and adjusts settings based on the subject matter being shot. So when the camera is photographing a face it will reproduce more natural skin tones or blue skies for more vivid landscapes, a flashy red car for more saturated color and evening sunsets for more expressive images.Features:
- 18.0 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor and DIGIC 4 Image Processor for high image quality and speed.
- ISO 100 - 6400 (expandable to 12800) for shooting from bright to dim light.
- Improved EOS Full HD Movie mode with manual exposure control, expanded recording [1920 x 1080 Full HD video at frame rates of 30 (29.97), 24 (23.976) and 25.0 frames per second] with new Movie Digital zoom and Video Snapshot features for enhanced movie shooting options.
- Vari-angle 3.0-inch Clear View LCD monitor (3:2) for shooting at high or low angles and 1,040,000-dot VGA with reflection reduction using multi coating and high-transparency materials for bright and clear viewing.
- New Scene Intelligent Auto mode and Picture Style Auto incorporating the new EOS Scene Detection System to capture beautiful scenes with ease.
- Express your creativity with advanced imaging features like Basic+ function, Multi-Aspect function and Creative Filters.
- Enhanced metering with a 63-zone, Dual-layer metering system for accurate metering between exposures, and 9-point AF system utilizing a high precision, f/2.8 cross-type center point.
- 3.7 fps continuous shooting up to approximately 34 JPEGs or approximately 6 RAW.
- New Feature Guide offers short descriptions of each function and Quick Control screen for easy operation.
- Compatibility with SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards.
- Compatible with the full line of Canon EF and EF-S lenses.