For those who don’t require the high-definition quality, or price tag of a full-frame DSLR camera, but are looking for a tremendous image quality, the EOS 7D is the perfect solution. Serious and semi-professional photographers will appreciate this camera’s 18-megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor with Dual DIGIC 4 Image Processors capable of ISO settings up to 12,800 and speeds up to 8 fps.
The EOS 7D’s Intelligent Viewfinder provides 100% coverage along with user-selected AF display modes, as well as spot metering. Its iFCL metering includes a 63-zone dual-layer sensor that reads both illumination and color for consistent results in all lighting conditions.
It also captures Full 1920 x 1080 HD video at 30p, 24p or 25p, plus 1280 x 720 HD resolution at 60p or 50p with an array of manual controls, including manual exposure during movie shooting and ISO speed selection.
For those who like to shoot in all kinds of conditions, the EOS 7D’s magnesium-alloy body is dust- and weather-resistant and its shutter durability is rated up to 150,000 exposures. It is also compatible with over 60 EF and EF-S lenses as well as with most EOS-system accessories.From the Manufacturer:
The EOS 7D represents a whole new class of camera with a host of brand new features designed to enhance every facet of the photographic process, from still images to video.
Made to be the tool of choice for serious photographers and semi-professionals, the EOS 7D features an all-new 18.0 Megapixel APS-C size CMOS sensor and Dual DIGIC 4 Image Processors, capturing tremendous images at up to ISO 12800 and speeds of up to 8 fps.
The Auto Focus of the EOS 7D has a cross-type 19-point AF system with improved AI Servo AF subject tracking and user-selectable AF area selection modes for sharp focus no matter the situation.
With the Intelligent Viewfinder you'll receive 100% coverage of what you're shooting along with user-selected AF display modes as well as a spot metering circle and on demand grid lines.
Canon's iFCL metering includes a 63-zone dual-layer metering sensor that reads both illumination and color for consistent results in all lighting conditions, keeping exposure levels stable from shot to shot, even as the light source changes.
The EOS 7D also captures Full 1920 x 1080 HD video at 30p (29.97 fps), 24p (23.976 fps) or 25p, plus 1280 x 720 HD resolution at 60p (59.94 fps) or 50p with an array of manual controls, including manual exposure during movie shooting and ISO speed selection.
Featuring a magnesium alloy body that is dust- and weather-resistant and shutter durability of up to 150,000 cycles, the 7D is designed to be a "workhorse" for professionals in any photography discipline. Compatible with over 60 EF and EF-S lenses as well as with EOS System accessories, the creative opportunities - not just with stills but also with video - are beyond amazement.EOS 7D Features:
- 18.0 Megapixel CMOS Sensor and Dual DIGIC 4 Image Processors for high image quality and speed.
- ISO 100-6400 (expandable to 12,800) for shooting from bright to dim light.
- 8.0 fps continuous shooting up to 126 Large/JPEGs or 15 RAW images with a UDMA CF card.
- Advanced movie mode with manual exposure control and selectable frame rates: 1920 x 1080 (Full HD): 30p (29.97) / 24p (23.976) / 25p, 1280 x 720 (HD): 60p (59.94) / 50p, 640 x 480 (SD): 60p (59.94) / 50p.
- Intelligent Viewfinder with 100% field of view, wide viewing angle of 29.4°, high magnification of 1.0, intelligent viewfinder with glass pentaprism and an overlaid LCD display in viewfinder supports various shooting styles.
- New 19-point, all cross-type AF system equipped with dual diagonal cross-type sensors in center at f/2.8 and f/5.6 and AF area selection modes to match various shooting situations.
- iFCL Metering with 63 zone dual-layer metering sensor that utilizes AF and color information for optimizing exposure and image quality.
- Magnesium body with shutter durability up to 150,000 cycles and exclusive dust and weather resistance.