Whether you’re a serious photo enthusiast or a pro looking for a lightweight backup camera, this DSLR is worthy of serious consideration. With its 18-megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC 4 image processor, it is capable of producing extremely fine detail and excellent color reproduction. Its versatile ISO range of 100 to 6400 (expandable to 12,800) provides plenty of assurance of getting quality images in low-light situations.
The reasonably priced 60D sits comfortably between the entry-level Rebel series cameras and the semi-professional EOS 7D. Its lightweight shell and articulated 3" LCD screen makes it both easy to carry around and easy to use in challenging shooting situations. It also features several creative shooting modes that allow you to apply “ambience” effects such as warm, soft, intense, vivid, cool and monochrome to your images and see them immediately in Live View.
Other practical features include a top-panel LCD, a rear control dial, impressive burst rates (58 JPEG and 16 RAW), the ability to convert RAW files to JPEG in-camera, corrections for distortion and chromatic aberration, and the ability to capture 1080p HD videos with manual controls and a choice of 24p, 25p and 30p frame rates. Another added bonus is that the 60D is compatible with Canon’s IR remote controls, not to mention all Canon EF and EF-S lenses.From the Manufacturer:
Are you planning to purchase a DSLR camera or replace your old one? Look no further than the Canon EOS-60D Camera. The Canon EOS 60D Digital SLR Camera bridges the space between your camera and the object with its 18-200MM F3.5-5.6 IS standard zoom lens, to bring you outstanding image quality. You can capture incredibly clear images with this camera, as it features high resolution 18 megapixel APS-C sensor. With a wide range of focal length, the 18-200MM F3.5-5.6 IS Lens can be used in varied photographic angles.
- The Canon EOS 60D DSLR Camera comes with an 18.0 megapixel APS - C CMOS Image Sensor
- The Canon EOS 60D Digital SLR Camera has a 3.0" Vari-angle Clear View TFT LCD Screen
- Creative Art Filters present in the Canon EOS 60D DSLR Camera enables you to control various creative effects during photography
- The Canon EOS Camera has 5.3 frames per second Shooting Speed for up to 58 JPEGs
- The Canon EOS 60D Digital SLR Camera has 9-Point Auto Focus System for optimal focusing control
- DIGIC 4 Processor
- iFCL metering with 63-zone Dual-layer Sensor
- Red-Eye Reduction
- Long exposure noise reduction and high ISO speed noise reduction
- ISO sensitivity: Auto (100-3200), 100-6400 (in 1/3-stop or whole stop)
- File Type: JPEG for Still image, RAW, M-RAW, S-RAW, and their combinations
- File Type: MOV files for Video footage
- Built-in Flash GN (ISO 100, meters), Built-in Flash coverage up to 17 mm focal length, and recycle time of 3 seconds approximately
- Raw recording and In-camera file conversion from RAW to JPEG
- Integrated Speedlite transmitter
- Movie recording in Full HD (1920 x 1080p) with full manual controls
- Shooting modes: Auto, No Flash, Creative Auto, Portrait, Landscape, Close-up, Sports, Night Portrait, Movie, Program AE, Shutter priority AE, Aperture priority AE, Manual, and Custom