Please note that this is a manual focus lens.
The Planar T* 85mm f/1.4 manual focus lens is a classic portrait focal length which is further enhanced by the long barrel rotation for precise control of the focus point in the image. This control in focusing makes this lens ideal for videography using HDSLRs.
The lens is optimized for medium to long distances and provides distortion-free performance, which improves as the lens is stopped down. Creatively controlling the depth of field is easily done with the f/1.4 aperture. The nearly circular diaphragm creates a pleasing 'bokeh' in the out-of-focus areas.
When mounted on a DSLR with a 1.5 crop ratio, the lens has an effective focal length of 128mm.
- large rotary angle for pinpoint focusing
- wide focusing rotation perfect for videography
- high quality, smooth focusing mechanism without play
- immediate display of changes in the viewfinder
- precise engraving in meters and feet
- T* anti-reflex coating by Carl Zeiss
- stray light reduction for rich colors
- minimized reflection and color fringes
- optimum distortion correction
- standardized color characteristics over all focal lengths
- 9 blades create an almost circular aperture
- adjustable in 1/ 2 f-stop intervals
- aperture ring with easy-to-detect lock-in positions and precise photometric grading
- all-metal mounts
- practical focusing and aperture setting ring in metal
- sturdy front bayonet and filter thread
Lens Mount: Nikon F Mount