Please note that this is a manual focus lens.
The Makro-Planar T* 50mm f/2 manual focus macro lens provides a normal perspective and allows for close focusing down to 1:2. The lens's design incorporates floating elements to ensure high performance across a wide focusing range. As a result, the lens can be used for non-macro applications allowing it to be a versatile 'standard' lens when used with a full-frame camera.
The fast f/2 aperture and distortion-free performance enables wide-open photography with a short depth-of-field without compromising the image quality. When used on a DSLR with a 1.5 crop factor, the lens has a 75mm focal length.
- large rotary angle for pinpoint focusing
- high quality, smooth focusing mechanism without play
- immediate display of changes in the viewfinder
- precise engraving in meters and feet
- T* anti-reflex coating by Carl Zeiss
- stray light reduction for rich colors
- minimized reflection and color fringes
- optimum distortion correction
- standardized color characteristics over all focal lengths
- 9 blades create an almost circular aperture
- adjustable in 1/ 2 f-stop intervals
- aperture ring with easy-to-detect lock-in positions and precise photometric grading
- all-metal mounts
- practical focusing and aperture setting ring in metal
- sturdy front bayonet and filter thread
Lens Mount: EF bayonet for EOS cameras from Canon