Please note that this is a manual focus lens.
The Distagon T* 18mm f/3.5 manual focus lens is an ultra wide angle ideal for capturing breathtaking moments in dramatic perspectives. The lens offers excellent image performance over the entire image field. The design of the precision floating elements offers constant high performance over the entire distance range from 0.98 ft to infinity.
Brilliant pictures even under difficult lighting conditions are possible with the lens's optimum reflection absorption combined with the Carl Zeiss T* anti-reflection coating. Extremely contrasting edges are captured without color fringes due to the optimal color correction. Even combined with a digital SLR using a DX type sensor, this lens has and effective focal length of 27mm, providing an interesting wide angle perspective.
This lens is an ideal tool for videographers as well as landscape, architecture and commercial photographers.
- large rotary angle for pinpoint focusing
- high quality, smooth focusing mechanism without play
- immediate display of changes in the viewfinder
- precise engraving in meters and feet
- T* anti-reflex coating by Carl Zeiss
- stray light reduction for rich colors
- minimized reflection and color fringes
- optimum distortion correction
- standardized color characteristics over all focal lengths
- 9 blades create an almost circular aperture
- adjustable in 1/ 2 f-stop intervals (for ZE depending on camera)
- aperture ring with easy-to-detect lock-in positions and precise photometric grading
- all-metal mounts
- practical focusing and aperture setting ring in metal
- sturdy front bayonet and filter thread
Lens Mount: F mount for Nikon cameras