The telescoping VX monorail locks in three positions and also features a handy quick release mounting plate for fast and secure tripod mounting and dismounting in the field. For unlimited extension, all TOYO G/GX monorails, mounting blocks, bellows and intermediate standards can be used with the compact VX125 frames because the VX125 is part of the TOYO modular system.
Ergonomically designed soft rubber grips cover hand-machined control knobs. Ball bearing click stop detents and silky smooth, yet positive, metal geared movements put you in total control. Under its sleek jade green outdoor finish, the VX series aerospace alloy material gives complete strength and rigidity in a mere 5.5 pounds (2.5kg).
The VX125R comes with a compact 125mm basic monorail, which accepts Toyo G series extension rails.
The VX125's 360° revolving back can be locked into any position for unrestricted and fast composition, unlike common revolving backs that lock only vertically or horizontally. Its brilliant acid-etched ground glass and built-in TOYO Super-Brite fresnel lens give clear, unrestricted viewing with even corner-to-corner illumination without old-fashioned, black grid lines, disturbing cut corners or fresnel lens frames blocking the full 4x5 area. The graflock-type back accepts Polaroid holders, roll film holders and even 6x12cm panoramic backs. Folding, monocular and reflex focusing hood accessories from the TOYO modular G system readily fit the VX125 back.
The VX125R accepts Toyo G series extension rails. An optional 250mm extension rail is recommended for use with the VX bellows and lenses up to 300mm.
- VX ultra light alloy all metal construction
- Interchangeable VX Ultra-Flex normal/wide bellows allow use of lenses from 58mm-300mm on flat lens board. Recessed lensboard allows use of 45-55mm lenses
- VX yaw-free base tilt operation
- TOYO 360° revolving back with acid-etched glass and fresnel
- Fully geared rise, shift and microfine focus on front and rear
- Built-in quick-release base plate with 1/4" socket
- VX Ultra-Flex normal/wide bellows
- TOYO revolving graflok-type back (accepts all 4x5 cut film holders, Kodak Readyload, Polaroid and 6x7, 6x9 and 6x12 roll film holders)
- TOYO Super-Brite fresnel lens
- TOYO acid-etched grid ground glass with 6x7cm and 6x9cm markings
- Bi-axial spirit levels, front and rear
- Deluxe VX front and rear standards with geared focus, shift and rise
- Interchangeable 125-250mm telescoping VX monorail
- Two (2) 30mm compact extension caps
- Quick-release tripod mounting plate with 1/4" sockets
- Compact ABS custom fitted case
Accepts Toyo 158mm lensboards