The California-Sunbounce Sun-Strip Mini Kit has a portable and collapsible anodized aluminum frame that can be easily combined with different light altering screens. It also includes a reversible zebra/white reflector and a shoulder bag. The gold and silver zebra screen is used to reflect warm light, and the white screen gives you a diffused reflected light.
- The California Sunbounce 8 x 36" zebra/white screen helps prevent light spill and light fall off
- The integration of the crossbar and clamp in the frame gives extra stability to the frame
- This integrated frame enables you to hold the screen by hand or attach it to a tripod
- High-quality reflective and translucent materials are used to manufacture these panel reflector kits
- The aluminum frame can be set up and disassembled quickly and easily
- These panel reflector kits can be used even during windy conditions
- The lightweight frame and screen can be folded to fit into the provided shoulder bag for easy transportation
- The California-Sunbounce Sun-Strip Mini Kit is lightweight and extremely stable
This patented, three-dimensional and collapsible frame is super light and extremely stable. The modular system allows you to combine every frame with the appropriate screen, making it a reflector, diffuser, or light blocker (shade). These special frames, made by hand from anodized aluminium, can be collapsed in seconds to fit into an approx. 6-8cm diameter bag. All SUNBOUNCE items have a maximum length of 135cm. Thanks to the crossbar and clamp integrated into the frame, it can be held in many different ways - comforably by hand or by attaching it to a tripod.
In combination with our patented frame, the screen is stretched as taught as a drumhead, which guarantees reliably consistent light and no flickering.
Besides being our most popular SCREEN this fabric starts off at 400 degrees Kelvin down. So if you start at 5000 Kelvin, you will reflect light that is 4600 degrees. So it is a very pleasant warming, not unlike an 81A filter on your camera. The surface is a herringbone pattern of silver and gold, and because of the way it’s made this pattern does not show up on the skin, no matter how close it is held.
Even though Zebra is less reflective than Silver if the reflective qualities are too much then one can use lace, tule or Bobbinet held in place by TUNING CLIPS or, for the more adventurous, a Zebra SCREEN can be placed in a gentle cycle wash and made to be even softer. No detergent please.
We find that Zebra outsells the other SCREENS two to one and we hear that this is mainly because everyone is trying to make that afternoon sunlight where ever they go. Zebra is the fabric that does just that. Again it comes with a nice luminescent white on the backside which can be used for subtle reflections.