The California Sunbounce Pro Black/Soft white Screen can be used as black background as well as to eliminate unwanted light. This California-Sunbounce Sun-Strip Pro Screen’s frame can be combined with different light absorbing, light-reducing, and light reflecting screens to create a desired lighting look.
- This California-Sunbounce Sun-Strip Pro Screen can be used to produce soft, hard, natural, and artificial light
- This California Sunbounce Reflector kit includes lightweight anodized aluminum frame, reversible black soft white screen, and shoulder bag
- The black side of the screen is used for blocking light, whereas the soft white side is used to reflect soft diffused light
- This California-Sunbounce Sun-Strip Pro Screen includes a crossbar and a clamp to hold the system comfortably in different ways
- The California Sunbounce Reflector screen is made using high-quality reflective and translucent materials
- This reflector screen allows feasible lighting situation to manage and control strong winds
- You can assemble, disassemble, and carry this screen anywhere easily
- The California Sunbounce reflector screen comes in 3 x 4' and weighs 4lbs.
This patented, three-dimensional and collapsible frame is super light and extremely stable. The modular system allows you to combine every frame with the appropriate screen, making it a reflector, diffuser, or light blocker (shade). These special frames, made by hand from anodized aluminium, can be collapsed in seconds to fit into an approx. 6-8cm diameter bag. All SUNBOUNCE items have a maximum length of 135cm. Thanks to the crossbar and clamp integrated into the frame, it can be held in many different ways - comforably by hand or by attaching it to a tripod.
In combination with our patented frame, the screen is stretched as taught as a drumhead, which guarantees reliably consistent light and no flickering.
Color Black/Soft White
Why Black? Well for subtractive lighting. Taking the light away from a situation and then making it your own. Here we show Art Brewer making a box of two SUN-BOUNCE PRO and one SUN-BOUNCE BIG across the top. He has effectively cut all the natural light out of the picture and then using two SUN-BOUNCE MINI panels and two battery driven strobe packs created the lighting for the image his own way. This is something that not as intuitive as just lighting the scene because one must have a vision of what the image will look like before you start. But taking the light away is crucial as the starting point.
SUNBOUNCE panels are the perfect traveling walls for getting this done. Normally photographers would be using foamcore, which as anyone can tell you does not travel well. SUNBOUNCE panels with a Black SCREEN transport easily, are more rigid and can be used over and over again. Better for the environment.
Black can also be used in any situation where you are trying to cut the light off from falling where you do not want it. Be it on talent or the top of your head. Here Greg Gorman uses the Black fabric to suck the light away from the unlit side of his talent, thus creating a much more dramatic image.
The key light is a window with a 2/3 diffusion panel in front of it. On the other side of the Black / White SCREEN is a white fabric which is unique and extremely functional. This White is Ultrabounce which is something which has come from the movie industry. It is a white surface which when a light is bounced off, be it a bit of sunlight or a 5K movie light, the reflective quality is such that there is no hot spot. The fall off is subtle and gradual, which is very pleasing.