The new California-Sunbounce Big Sun-Bounce Silver screen has an aluminum frame. This aluminum frame is collapsible and can be easily combined and assembled at any time with different reflecting screens that absorb light.
- The California Sunbounce Screen 6 X 8' is a modular system that weighs less than 4 lbs
- The kit includes a shoulder bag to hold the frame and California Sunbounce zebra/white screen
- The zebra/white screen is reversible
- The white side reflects soft diffused light and the zebra side has a warming effect
- For comfortable and easy use, the California Sunbounce Zebra/White Screen comes with an integrated crossbar and clamp
- This cross bar and clamp lets you hold the screen in hand or fix it to a tripod
- The frame can be folded to fit into shoulder bag for easy transportation
- Made from top-quality reflective and translucent materials, the California Sunbounce Screen 6 X 8' is stable and reliable
- All lighting situations can be easily controlled with this reflective screen
- Lightweight and portable, this system can be assembled and disassembled very quickly
- The dimensions of the California Sunbounce zebra/white screen are 6 x 8'
This patented, three-dimensional and collapsible frame is super light and extremely stable. The modular system allows you to combine every frame with the appropriate screen, making it a reflector, diffuser, or light blocker (shade). These special frames, made by hand from anodized aluminium, can be collapsed in seconds to fit into an approx. 6-8cm diameter bag. All SUNBOUNCE items have a maximum length of 135cm. Thanks to the crossbar and clamp integrated into the frame, it can be held in many different ways - comforably by hand or by attaching it to a tripod.
In combination with our patented frame, the screen is stretched as taught as a drumhead, which guarantees reliably consistent light and no flickering.
Besides being our most popular SCREEN this fabric starts off at 400 degrees Kelvin down. So if you start at 5000 Kelvin, you will reflect light that is 4600 degrees. So it is a very pleasant warming, not unlike an 81A filter on your camera. The surface is a herringbone pattern of silver and gold, and because of the way it’s made this pattern does not show up on the skin, no matter how close it is held.
Even though Zebra is less reflective than Silver if the reflective qualities are too much then one can use lace, tule or Bobbinet held in place by TUNING CLIPS or, for the more adventurous, a Zebra SCREEN can be placed in a gentle cycle wash and made to be even softer. No detergent please.
We find that Zebra outsells the other SCREENS two to one and we hear that this is mainly because everyone is trying to make that afternoon sunlight where ever they go. Zebra is the fabric that does just that. Again it comes with a nice luminescent white on the backside which can be used for subtle reflections.