The Sinar p3 camera is the perfect tool for every digital photographer: High precision, self-locking drives and handiness of the operating elements - like the Sinar p2 -, however, thanks to its smaller size, its adjustment for the use of the Sinarback digital backs and its integrated cabling, the Sinar p3 is the ideal camera for digital photography.
Sinar has combined the precision of the Sinar P line of cameras with the digital input of Sinarback digital backs. Thanks to a coupling frame that is 30% smaller, the imaging surfaces of Sinarback digital backs are optimally suited for swings and tilts. The self-locking drives allow highly precise focusing - the camera accurately maintains the settings. The human hand served as the reference guide for the size, shape and handiness of the operating elements, for smooth and precise work even in darkened rooms. Practical new ergonomic locks allow easy and quick changing of lenses, bellows and digital backs by just pressing them with a finger. Visual design elements give the Sinar p3 a trendy appearance.
The fully compatible Sinar Digital System allows the attachment of all Sinarback digital backs to the new camera with only one cable for data transmission and power supply. The Sinar p3 features integrated electrical couplings that directly connect the digital back with the shutter, thus reducing distracting cables at the camera to a minimum.
The Sinaron Digital CMV Lens with an electronically controlled between-the-lens shutter is mounted on a lens board with 100 mm sides. This shutter makes absolutely vibration-free exposures possible as needed for Multishot with perfect colors (4-shot mode) or for the highest detail resolution (16-shot mode). The new between-the-lens shutter is controlled by the Sinar CaptureShop software. Therefore, no additional or separate controlling device is needed for the lenses.
The adjustment settings and ranges of the new Sinar p3 view camera are optimized for use with Sinarback digital backs. The asymmetric swing and tilt axes can be displayed in the live image of the Sinar CaptureShop, allowing an easy and pixel-accurate positioning of the plane of sharpness. In addition, an accessory standard, tailored to the size and to the adjustment range, is available for bellows extensions or for the use of a bellows as a lens hood.
The Sinar p3 is fully integrated into Sinar modular system. This means that the 4x5" carrier frame and digital accessories of the Sinar p2 can be attached to the Sinar p3 by means of a tapered bellows and effortless ease. This also applies to the use of Sinar digital back adapters as well as the Sinar Macroscan for greatly increased resolution (up to 144 million pixels) and a greater digital imaging area (up to 6 x 6cm). It also applies to the use of a Sinar p3 for chemical photography with roll film holders and sheet film up to 4x5".
- Ideal for digital studio photography. With the auxiliary of a Sliding adapter also suited for photography on 120 and 220 roll film.
- The yaw-free design of the Sinar p3 lets you combine swings and tilts with no time-consuming readjustments.
- The Sinar p3 is based on the unique asymmetric tilts and swings, not the traditional center or base tilts. This means rapid and precise settings, without ever losing sharpness on the axis.
- You can calculate exact swings and tilts in seconds using the asymmetric movements and measuring scales. You won't have to guess at your movements anymore, and it's fast - very fast.
- All Sinar p3 movements are gear driven and feature zero position click stops.
- The Sinar p3's precision micrometer drives are smooth and self-arresting. Once a movement is set, it stays. You get easy one-hand operation, and no more wrestling with locking knobs.
- Depth of field calculator tells you exactly how much depth of filed you need for your image, forever eliminating excessive stopping down.
- Compatible with the proven Sinar System of accessories.
- Accepts all Sinaron and Sinaron Digital CMV lenses that can be mounted on a 100 mm lens board. When used in conjunction of a Sinar m camera also all Sinaron Digital CAB lenses mounted on a 100 mm lens board can be used.
- Sinar p3 front standard
- Sinar p3 rear standard
- 12" basic rail unit
- Rail clamp 1S
- Multipurpose Bellows EL