Sekonic's new Litemaster Pro L-478DR meter is the world's first touch-screen-operated light meter. It has an array of unique, must-have features for both still and motion story tellers. Its compact size is both instantly familiar and comfortable to use. The large LCD (2.7") displays ambient, flash, cine and a host of other information in a clear and understandable way. Settings are made by simply touching or sliding a finger over the screen.
The L-478DR can be quickly calibrated to your camera using Sekonic's Data Transfer software and either Sekonic or X-Rite Brand targets or by manually inputting data to the DTS program or on the meter itself.
Keeping pace with wireless advancements, the L-478DR comes complete with exclusive Pocket Wizard Control TL technology which combines light measurement and flash power control providing amazing control in your hand.Features:
- Measure, compare, and mix ambient and flash displayed on a color, touch screen for beautiful, controlled, results.
- DTS Exposure Profiling matches the meter to the performance of your camera.
Precise exposure and lighting starts with precise, repeatable metering.
- Cine/HD Cine modes for today's HDSLR and Video Cine cameras.
Effortlessly switch between HDSLR and Cine for exact exposure settings in exact increments for both.
- Infinite frame rate and shutter angle selection. Create special settings for special applications.Video cine cameras are becoming boundless. Metering should be too.
- Unique, light-source filtration compensation mode. Finally, precise control lighting using industry standard CTO/CTB/ND types at the touch of a finger.
- Illumination measurement and extended ISO range. Lighting design and exposure in a single tool. ISO and exposure settings to match today's digital cameras.
- Pocket Wizard triggering and Flash Power setting w/ Control TL radios. Control Nikon, Canon and select studio flashes with a touch of a finger.
Incident Light: Lumisphere convertible to flat diffuser (with retracted lumisphere)
Reflected Light: 5-degree spot metering with optional viewfinder
Ambient Light: Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, TF Priority, CINE, HD Cine, Illuminance (lx/fc), Luminance (cdm2/fl)
Flash Light: Cord (PC), Cordless, Radio triggering (L-478 DR only) (with/without multiple cumulative)
Measuring Range (ISO100):
Ambient Light: Incident Light: EV-2 to EV22.9; Reflected Light: EV3.0 to EV22.9
Illuminance: 0.63 to 2,000,000 lx; 0.1 to 180,000 fc
Luminance: 1.0 to 980,000 cd/m^2; 0.29 to 290,000 fl
Flash Light: Incident Light: F1.0 to F128.9; Reflected Light: F2.8 to F128.9
ISO: ISO 3 to 409,600 (in 1/3 steps)
Ambient Light: 30 min. to 1/64,000 sec. plus 1/200, 1/400 sec (in 1, 1/2 and 1/3 stops)
Flash Light: 30 min. to 1/1000 sec plus 1/75, 1/80, 1/90, 1/100, 1/200, 1/400, (in 1, 1/2 and 1/3 stops)
Aperture: F0.5 to F161.2 (in 1, 1/2 and 1/3 stops)
Frame Rate: 1 to 1000 f/s, plus user created settings; 20 entries
Shutter Angle: 1? to 358?, plus user created settings; 20 entries
EV Value: EV-27.9 to EV55.8 (with incident light reading of ambient light)
Other Functions: Exposure profile, Mid Tone Function, Exposure Compensation, Filter Compensation, Flash analyzing function, Multiple cumulative function, Memory/Clear/Recall Function, Average Function, Contrast Function, Custom Setting Function, Auto Power OFF Function, Touch panel lock function, Firmware upgrade, Frame rate/shutter angle edit function, Battery Power Indicator
Battery used: AAA Batteries 1.5Vx2 (alkaline, manganese, lithium, nickel hydride, or nickel based)
Operating Temperature Range: -10? to 50?
Storage Temperature Range: -20? to 60?
Dimensions: Approx. 2.24" W x 5/1" H x 1" D (57x14-x26mm) (excluding protrusions)
Weight: Approx. 5 oz. (140 g) (without batteries)