The L-308S delivers accurate exposure readings in full, half, or third-stop increments to mirror the exposure displays of most popular cameras. When set to full-stop mode, exposures are displayed in tenth-stop increments with a repeat accuracy of +/- 0.1 EV.
Reflected readings capture at a light receiving angle of about 40-degrees, or slightly wider than the viewing field of a normal lens. For incident readings, a small, built-in Lumisphere slides over the silicon diode sensor. For flat-field incident readings, a Lumidisc (included) snaps over the sensor for metering flat artwork or measuring contrast and/or exposure ratios within a scene. Electronic flash exposures can be taken with or without a PC cord.
Exposure data is displayed on the LCD screen, which has been redesigned to emulate the look and feel of the LCD on the ‘bigger-brother' Sekonic L-358 flash meter. Exposure data and related information is displayed using large type and easy-to-read icons. At ISO 100 ambient light can be read over an EV range of 0 to 19.9 in both incident and reflected mode. Flash exposures are displayed from f/1.4 to f/90.9 (or about f/124). ISO sensitivity is set from 3 to 8000 in third-stop increments. For cinema applications, the L-308S can be programmed to display exposure times from 8 to 128 frames-per-second.
The Sekonic L-308S FLASHMATE comes with a Lumidisc (with pouch), a soft case, strap, synchro terminal cap and a AA battery.
- Smallest digital flash-meter for reflective and incident light readings in ambient or electronic flash lighting conditions
- Exposures accurate down to a tenth-of-a-stop for both ambient and electronic flash light readings in full-stop mode. Meter can also display shutter-speeds and apertures in half or third-stop increments to mirror the exposure settings on your camera with a repeat accuracy of +/- 0.1 EV
- At ISO 100, the ambient EV range is 0 to 19.9, flash f/stops range from f/1.4 to f/90.9 with a shutter-speed span of 60-seconds to 1/8000th-of-a-second (1 sec to 1/500th for flash). For cinema applications frame rates can be set from 8 to 128 frames-per-second. ISO sensitivity can be set from 3 to 8000 in third-stop increments
- Pocket-sized, and easy to stow away. The L-308S measures 2.5"W x 4.3"H x 0.9"D (63mmW x 110mmH x 22mmD), and weighs in at 3.4 ounces (95g).
- Includes Lumidisc with pouch, soft case, strap, synchro terminal cap, AA battery.
- 1-Year Warranty, extendable at no charge to 3 years total (USA only) after registration, backed by our outstanding customer support team
Type: Digital exposure meter for ambient and flash light
Receptor Head: Sliding Lumisphere with Lumidisc Adapter
Light Receiving Method: Incident light and reflected light
Receptor Incident Light: Built-In Lumisphere, Attachable Lumidisc (included)
Receptor Reflected Light: Lens with 40° Recieving Angle
Light Receptor Element: Silicone photo diode
Measuring Modes Ambient Light: EV metering
Shutter priority metering
Measuring Modes Flash: Without synchro cord
With synchro cord
Measuring Range (ISO 100) Ambient Light: Incident light EV 0 to EV 19.9
Reflected light EV 0 to EV 19.9 (with 40° angle)
Measuring Range (ISO 100) Flash: Incident light f/1.4 to f/90.9 (approx. f/124)
Reflected light f/1.4 to f/90.9 (approx. f/124) with 40° Lumigrid
Repeatability Repeat Accuracy: (+/-) 0.1 EV or less
Calibration Constant Incident: Lumisphere C = 340, Lumidisc C = 250
Calibration Constant Reflected: K = 12.5
Display Range Film Speed: ISO 3 to 8000 (in 1/3 steps)
Display Range Shutter Speeds Ambient: 60 sec to 1/8000 sec. (in 1, 1/2, 1/3 steps)
Display Range Shutter Speeds Flash: 1 sec to 1/500 sec. (in 1/ 1/2, 1/3 steps) plus 1/75, 1/80, 1/90, 1/100 sec.
Display Range Aperture: f/0.5 to f/90.9 (in 1, 1/2, 1/3 steps)
Display Range EV: EV -5.0 to EV 26.0 (in 1/10 steps)
Display Cine Speeds fps: 8, 12, 16, 18, 24, 25, 30, 32, 64, 128 (shutter angle: 180°)
Exposure Out Of Range: Eu (underexposure) or Eo (overexposure)
Auto Power Off: Yes, About 4 minutes after last usage
Battery Power Indicator Display: Icon with 3 status
Battery(Power): (1) Type AA 1.5V Battery alkaline, manganese or lithium
Operating Temperature Range: 32° to 104° F / 0° to 40° C
Storage Temperature Range: -4° to 140° F / -20° to 60° C
Product Dimensions: 4.30x2.50x0.90 in./10.90x6.40x2.30 cm
Product Weight: 0.20lbs./0.10kg.