Built on Olympus' revolutionary E-System technology, the new Olympus E-5 adds powerful new features that let you do more than ever before. Designed to maximize the award-winning performance of Zuiko Digital lenses, the E-5 achieves the highest image quality of any Olympus camera—with astonishing detail, blazing speed, and true-to-life color. New options like user control in Art Filters and 720p HD Video give you more freedom to explore creative effects. And with its weatherproof design, the rugged E-5 can go anywhere.
IN-BODY IMAGE STABILIZATION - compensates for up to five shutter speed steps*. Mechanical Image Stabilization automatically compensates for camera shake in low-light situations or when using a telephoto lens.
DUST REDUCTION SYSTEM - eliminates dust particles on the sensor by silently vibrating an amazing 30,000 times per second, ensuring spot-free images.
12.3-MEGAPIXEL LIVE-MOS SENSOR & TRUEPIC V+ IMAGE PROCESSOR
- means you'll capture more detail than ever before in your pictures thanks to the "Fine Detail Process" technology. In addition to more detail, the image sensor, combined with the next-generation TruePic V+ Image Processor, delivers excellent dynamic range, accurate color fidelity and reduced noise, all the way up to 6400 ISO.
RUGGED CONSTRUCTION - "thixomold" magnesium-alloy construction coupled with advanced splash and dust protection, make the E-5 the perfect choice for photographers who demand the most from their equipment, in any situation.
SHUTTER DURABILITY - tested to 150,000 cycles. The pro-level shutter ensures reliability, even at five frames per second, thanks to a durable shutter mechanism tested to 150,000 cycles, making the E-5 the camera of choice for photographers who demand durability from their equipment.
OPTICAL VIEWFINDER - 100% accurate high eye point optical viewfinder, delivers the precise viewing accuracy demanded by the most discriminating photographer. When shooting with the E-5, what you see is what you get.
3" 920,000 DOT SWIVEL LCD - Dust and Splashproof like the body; the 270 degree swivel LCD gives you the flexibility to capture your image from low on the ground to above your head, or at any angle.
DATA STORAGE - Accepting Compact Flash Type I, UDMA, and SD- SDHC/SDXC, the E-5 provides a choice of data storage options for enhanced flexibility, and it is possible to transfer image files from one card to the other right inside the camera.
WORLD'S FASTEST AUTOFOCUS - 11-point High Precision Fully Twin Cross AF system is one of the world's fastest and most accurate. The Twin Cross AF design assures you accurate fast AF even at the edges of the viewfinder allowing you to get the most out of your Zuiko Digital lenses.
ART FILTERS - a series of 10 new built-in Art Filters let you create dramatic effects when shooting stills or video. The innovative Art Filters include Pop Art, Soft Focus, Pale & Color, Light Tone, Grainy Film, Pin Hole, Diorama, Gentle Sepia, Cross Process, Dramatic Tone can all be used in all the shooting modes of the camera, Aperture, Shutter, Program and Manual modes, as well as for Movie shooting.
MULTIPLE EXPOSURE - makes heightened creativity an easily-obtained objective. Four frames can be combined, and portions of one can be combined with those of another in any of the shooting modes. Images can be combined in playback mode or directly on the LCD through the use of the new TruePic V+ Image Processor.
MULTIPLE ASPECT RATIOS - express yourself by altering how you frame the world -- choose from nine aspect ratios, from the standard 4:3 to the cinematic 16:9. By selecting an aspect ratio before shooting and easily reviewing images on the LCD throughout the shoot, the Multi-Aspect function adds a new means of expression to your photography.
WIRELESS FLASH CONTROL - the E-5 is compatible with a range of optional external flashes, including the Olympus FL-36R and FL-50R. Both of these flashes can be controlled wirelessly by the E-5 so you can dynamically control lighting as your photography skills grow. The E-5 features a commander function incorporated in its built-in flash, making wireless multi-flash photography possible without using an outside commander.
DIGITAL LEVELER - a highly functional and practical feature for such specialized requirements as architectural photography and other similar needs.
HD VIDEO - Shoot movies at 30 frames per second in 720p with available manual control over aperture and shutter speed. This level of control allows you to express your vision exactly how you want in your HD videos. When shooting a movie you have the choice of Standard or HD Movie with or without the 10 Art Filters, total movie creativity is in your control.
- Aspect Ratio - 4:3(Default)/3:2/16:9/6:6/5:4/7:6/6:5/7:5/3:4
- Battery - BLM-5 Li-ion battery
- Built-in Flash - TRUE
- Color Space - sRGB, Adobe RGB
- Color Temperature Compensation - ±7 steps in each A-B/G-M axis (in Auto WB / Preset WB mode / One touch WB)
- Compatible Lenses - Four Thirds Mount
- Compatible Media - CompactFlash;SD/SDHC
- Compatible Memory Cards - CF/SD Dual-Slot, CompactFlash Type I (UDMA), SD Memory Card(SDHC/SDXC compatible) Class 6 or higher is recommended for Movie shooting
- Compatible Remote Control - optional RM-CB1 Remote cable
- Computer Interface - USB 2.0
- Continuous Shooting Speed - Approx. 5 frames/sec. in sequential shooting H, 1 to 4 fps selectable in sequential shooting L.
- Direct Print Capable - TRUE
- Drive Modes - Single-frame shooting, Sequential shooting H, Sequential shooting L, Self-timer, Remote control
- Effective Pixels (Photo) - 12.3
- Exposure Compensation - ±5 EV in 1/3, 1/2, 1 EV steps selectable
- Exposure Metering Range - EV 1 - 20 (Digital ESP metering, Centre weighted average metering, Spot metering)
- Flash Compatibility - FL-50R, FL-36R, FL-50, FL-36, FL-14
- Flash Exposure Compensation - Up to ±3 EV in 0.3, 0.5, 1 EV steps
- Flash Sync Speed - 1/60s -1/250s (1/3 EV steps) (Min. speed can be down to 60 sec)
- Focusing Modes - Single AF (S-AF) / Continuous AF (C-AF) / Manual Focus (MF)
- Focusing Screen - Changeable at a service center (Neo Lumi-Micro Mat screen supplied, possible to change to gird mat type)
- ISO Range - AUTO: ISO 200 - 6400 (customizable, Default 200-1600) / Manual ISO 100 - 6400, 1/3 or 1 EV steps
- Image Sensor Format - Micro Four Thirds
- Image Sensor Type - High speed Live MOS Sensor
- In-Camera Image Editing - TRUE
- Includes Lens - FALSE
- Lens Mount Type - Four Thirds Mount
- Live View - TRUE
- Microphone Jack - TRUE
- Monitor Brightness Adjustment - 15 levels, with auto mode
- Monitor Coverage - 100
- Monitor Resolution - 920,000
- Monitor Size - 3
- Monitor Type - HyperCrystal LCD (transmissive TFT color LCD)
- Movie Modes - HD: 1280(H)x720(V) Aspect 16:9; SD: 640(H)x480(V) Aspect 4:3(VGA)
- Recording Format(s)/File Types - RAW (12-bit lossless compression), JPEG, RAW+JPEG
- Self Timer - Operation time: 12 sec., 2 sec. (cancel available)
- Shutter Speeds - 60 - 1/8000
- Shutter Type - Computerized focal-plane shutter
- Total Pixels - 13.1
- Video - TRUE
- Video Recording Format - AVI Motion JPEG(30fps)
- Viewfinder Coverage - Approx. 100%
- Viewfinder Magnification - Approx.1.15x (-1m-1, 50mm lens, infinity)
- Viewfinder Type - Eye-level single-lens reflex viewfinder
- Weight - 28.2
- Width - 5.6
- Height - 4.6
- Depth - 2.9