As the latest flagship camera of the H System, the H5D features a complete new electronic engine and intuitive user interface. Designed to take Hasselblad users to the next level of image excellence and to new creative levels, the H5D represents a new generation of that evolution.
So, aside from its larger and more ergonomic buttons and easy-to-read display, what’s new with the H5D? Perhaps the biggest change is its new and improved True Focus-II technology, with Absolute Position Lock (APL), which eliminates focus error when focusing on a subject outside the center area. The APL processor accurately logs camera movement during any recomposing to calculate the necessary focus adjustment. The H5D’s firmware further perfects the focus using the precise data retrieval system found in all H System lenses. Its Immediate Focus Confirm (IFC) does just that — confirms focus!
Hasselblad’s new hardware architecture gives you the option of delivering print-ready JPEG ¼-resolution files, in addition to superb RAW files. Other new features include a new macro converter for superb close-up performance with wide-angle lenses, sealing for improved weatherproofing and a camera configurator that makes it easier to customize the camera to suit your personal style.
The H5D comes with both Phocus, the Hasselblad proprietary image processing software, and Adobe Lightroom 4. It’s compatible with the Hasselblad H System lens line (12 lenses from 24 to 300mm) with integral central lens shutter system and all central lens shutter V system Carl Zeiss lenses by using the optional CF adapter.
The H5D-50MS features a 50-megapixel sensor (6132 x 8176 pixels) with a dimension of 36.7 x 49.1mm. In addition to standard single-shot captures, multi-shot capture mode supports still photography with the most accurate color rendering and resolution. It also features versatile capture with up to 128-second exposure times, 50 – 800 ISO range and image raw size of 65MB with 16-bit color depth. Its color display is a 3" double-res TFT, 24 bit color with 460 x 320 pixels solution.
This kit includes the HC 80mm f/2.8 lens. This standard lens is suited for almost any task in general-purpose photography. Its large maximum aperture makes it possible to shoot in low-light conditions and provides a bright viewfinder image.From the Manufacturer:
The H5D series is the latest step in the evolution of the best high-end camera system in the world, with new look, improved ergonomics and upgraded performance on a number of levels. The improvements include more precise autofocus with True Focus II, a new faster processor and electronics architecture, smoother user interface and much more. The H5D Camera series will provide the ultimate high-end addition to any serious photographer's capture equipment.Features:
- 50 million pixel sensors, with almost twice the capture area of the largest 35 mm DSlR sensors.
- “Best of breed”, high performance HC/HCD lens line, featuring twelve central lens shutter lenses, 24 mm–300 mm, with two Zoom Options (and more than 15 Carl Zeiss V System lenses with the use of the CF lens Adapter).
- An extremely large light path, providing more detail and clarity and the market’s brightest and largest viewfinder image.
- Advanced communication between camera components providing the foundation for a multitude of image quality enhancements.
- Perfect clarity and color rendering without gradation break-ups in even the
finest lit surfaces and cleaner images even at long exposures.
- Hasselblad’s Natural Color Solution (HNCS) for outstanding and reliable out of- the-box colors, with correct natural skin tones, specific product colors and other difficult tones reproduced easily and effectively, with no need for special color profiles or templates.
- Unique Hasselblad Modularity: HTS tiltshift adapter, Macro converter, CF-adapter for Carl Zeiss lenses, battery adapter for view-camera operation of digital capture unit, and interchangeable focusing screens.
- Unique accurate focusing with new True Focus-II and Immediate Focus
- Print ready JPEG-files in 1/4 resolution with Hasselblad Natural Colors.
50 Mpixels (6132 × 8176)Sensor dimensions:
36.7 × 49.1 mmPixel size
: 6.0 µmImage size:
RAW 3FR capture 65 MBon average. TIFF 8 bit: 150 MBRAW file format:
Lossless compressed Hasselblad 3FRJPEG:
1/4 resolution print ready files with Hasselblad Natural ColorsShooting mode:
Single shot, Multi-ShotColor definition:
16 bitISO speed range
: ISO 50, 100, 200, 400, and 800Color management:
Hasselblad Natural Colour SolutionCF storage capacity:
8 GB CF card holds 120 images on averageDisplay:
3 inch TFT type, 24 bit color, 460.320 pixelsStorage options:
CF card type U-DMA (e.g. SanDisk Extreme Pro) or tethered to Mac or PCAcoustic feedback:
for Mac and Windows (included). Adobe Photoshop Lightroom (included)Tethered operation:
Supported in Phocus by Hasselblad and Hasselblad Tehthered plug-in for Adobe Photoshop LightroomPlatform support:
Macintosh: OS X 10.5 and later. Windows: XP, Vista, Windows 7 (32/64 bit)Host connection type:
FireWire 800 (IEEE1394b). Thunderbolt supported via optional adapters.View camera compatibility:
Mechanical shutters controlled via flash sync. Electronic shutters can be controlled from Phocus. Optional Battery Adapter for stand-alone
operation of digital capture unit.Customisation:
6 programmable User buttons. Complete camera set-up can be saved to 7 custom profiles.Lenses:
Hasselblad H System lens line (12 lenses from 24 to 300 mm) with integral central lens shutter. All central lens shutter V System Carl Zeiss lenses via optional CF adapter.Shutter speed range:
128 sec. to 1/800 secondFlash sync speed:
Flash can be used at all shutter speedsViewfinder options:
- HVD 90x: 90° eye-level viewfinder w. diopter adjustment (-5 to +3. 5D). Image magnification 3.1 times. Integral fill-flash (G.No. 12 @ ISO100). Hot shoe for SCA3002-system flashes from Metz
- HV 90x: 90° eye-level viewfinder w. diopter adjustment (-4 to +2.5D). Image magnification 2.7 times. Integral fill-flash (G.No. 12 @ ISO100). Hot shoe for SCA3002-system flashes from Metz
- HV 90x-II: 90° eye-level viewfinder w. diopter adjustment (-4 to +2.5D). Image magnification 2.7 times. Integral fill-flash (G.No. 12 @ ISO100). Hot shoe for SCA3002-system flashes from Metz
- HVM: Waist-level viewfinder. Image magnification 3.2 times
Autofocus metering with passive central cross-type sensor. True Focus with Immideate Focus Confirm (IFC). Instant manual focus override.
Metering range EV 1 to 19 at ISO 100Flash control:
Automatic TTL centre weighted system. Uses built-in flash or flashes compatible with SCA3002 (Metz). Output can be adjusted from -3 to
+3EV. For manual flashes a built-in metering system is availableExposure metering:
Metering options: Spot, Centre Weighted and CentreSpot. Metering range Spot: EV2 to 21, Centre Weighted: EV1 to 21, CentreSpot: EV1 to
New fast generation hardware platform implementing Hasselblad Image Processing Architecture (HIPA)Power supply:
Rechargeable Li-ion battery (7.2 VDC / 2900 mAh). Optional Battery Adapter for stand-alone operation of digital capture unit.Film compatibility:
0 - 45 °C / 32 - 113 °FDimensions (Complete camera w. HC80 mm lens) [W×H×D]:
153 × 131 × 205 mmWeight (Complete camera w. HC80 mm lens):