The GT2531EX Explorer is for special applications; a versatile support that opens up new shooting perspectives. Thanks to its unconventional design, the legs can be set at any angle and moved independently while the center column tilts and rotates freely to any position.
The Explorer unleashes its potential when used with a Gitzo off-center ball head, a combination that makes it the ideal tripod for creative photographers, looking for unconventional shots: close to ground, upside down or in tight or awkward spaces. Ideal applications are outdoor macro and nature photography, still life and architectural.
The GT2531EX Explorer is the best choice for a DSLR or for lightweight camcorders. Recommended for 200mm lens, up to 300mm maximum. It offers an excellent maximum load capacity and very good torsional rigidity. Weight and size are still convenient for travelling or trekking. this is the ideal product for photographers that are looking for a solid and yet lightweight tripod.
- Anti Leg Rotation system - allows the tripod to be opened in less than 15 seconds. Simply loosen all the twist locks on each leg at the same time, then pull the leg down and tighten the locks individually.
- G-LOCK Leg Locking System - increases rigidity, faster operation and stronger, safer locking. G-Lock’s special design also provides a “gravity lock” effect: the higher the load applied vertically to the leg, the stronger the lock.
- Hook - allows you to attach a weight to the bottom of the center column for stabilization
- Leg Ends - removable rubber feet allow you to change out worn ones or fit other accessories, such as spiked feet or snow/sand shoes.
- Rapid Column - center column locking collar above the tripod shoulder makes it easier to adjust the column quickly. Also built with an anti-rotation grooved center column for improved stability.