This item is considered oversized, and requires a truck shipment. UPS, Fed Ex and USPS options are not available.
Designed to redefine the standard for photographic print quality, the Stylus Pro 4900 incorporates Epson’s latest achievements in professional-level ink jet technology. By combining the precision of their MicroPiezo TFP print head with the extraordinary performance of Epson UltraChrome HDR Ink, Epson's newest generation of Stylus Pro printers continue to represent a level of technology unprecedented in Epson’s history.
Epson UltraChrome HDR represents the latest generation of pigment ink technology. Now utilizing ten colors – including an all-new Orange and Green – Epson UltraChrome HDR Ink produces the widest color gamut ever from an Epson Stylus Pro printer. Even more remarkable, by combining it with the new AccuPhoto half-toning HDR screening technology, Epson has once again raised the level of print quality, while setting a new benchmark standard for photographic reproduction.
Epson's advanced Epson MicroPiezo TFP print head is capable of producing higher quality prints, at speeds up to twice as fast as the previous generation. And, with Epson’s latest ink-repelling coating and auto nozzle verification technologies, clogged nozzles are virtually eliminated.
Handling virtually any media type, in both roll or cut sheets up to 17 inches wide, the Epson Stylus Pro 4900 continues to set the standard for professional media use. And for the first time, you can have both the front paper tray and roll feeder loaded with different media types and automatically switch between them as you print.
Whether producing sellable color or black-and-white photography, fine art reproductions, or color accurate commercial and flexographic proofs for client approvals, never before have creative professionals had such powerful tools, allowing them to produce their vision without compromise.Features/Benefits
EFI eXpress for Epson included with Designer Edition
- Epson high-precision ten-channel MicroPiezo TFP print head for extreme print performance
- Epson UltraChrome HDR Ink, now utilizing ten colors — including an all-new orange and green
- SpectroProofer 17, developed jointly with X-Rite, can automate virtually any color management process in your workflow (sold separately)
- Automatic black ink mode switching can quickly and efficiently optimize the black ink density for your print
- Automatic roll and cut sheet feeding, the ideal system when you require automated prints across two different paper types and or sizes.
- Advanced black and white printing technology produces professional black-and-white prints from color or grayscale image files
- AccuPhoto HDR screening redefines photographic accuracy, color, and clarity
- Commercial and flexographic proofing for quite possibly the highest quality proofing system available today
- Easy-to-Use intuitive interface saves time and produces accurate output.
- Print directly from the latest creative design software, or drag-and-drop files to a hot folder.
- True Adobe PDF and Postscript 3 print engine ensures compatibility with your design files.
- Professional ICC color management, based on BestColor technology used in the commercial EFI Colorproof XF RIP offered with the Epson Proofing Edition Series.
- Handles both CMYK data for accurate proofing to industry standards, and RGB data for exceptional results with Photography and Fine Art.
- Reproduces accurate spot colors with the included PANTONE, DIC, HKS, and TOYO libraries.
- True cross platform network printing via hot folder or eXpress Virtual Print technology.
- Software supported on both Macintosh OS X and Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Includes Epson media support out of the box, and the ability to add custom media types.
Base Printing Technology
Advanced MicroPiezo TFP print head with ink repelling coating technology
10-channel, drop-on-demand, ink jet print head
11-cartrides configured as:
O, G, C, LC, VM, VLM, Y, LK, LLK, PK or MK
Auto Head Alignment and Cleaning technology
Epson UltraChrome HDR ink technology
Professional-level pigment-based ink technology
Color and Monochrome 360 nozzles x10
Smallest droplet size 3.5 picoliters
Variable Droplet Technology can produce up to three different droplet sizes per print line
2880 x 1440 dpi; 1440 x 1440 dpi, 1440 x 720 dpi;
720 x 720 dpi; 720 x 360 dpi; Draft 360 dpi
Print Engine Speeds (a)
8" x 10" prints from 0:59 sec to 2:26 Normal is 1:28
11"x 14" prints from 1:42 to 4:04 Normal is 2:31
16"x 20" prints from 2:46 to 6:48 Normal is 4:11
Acoustic Noise Level
Approximately 45 dB(A) according to ISO 7779
Epson ESC/P®2 raster photographic drivers standard
Optional PANTONE licensed and SWOP certified Adobe PostScript RIP by EFI® (EFI eXpress included only with Designer Edition bundle)
Supported by most leading third-party RIPs
Operating Systems Supported
Macintosh Leopard 10.5 or higher (16-bit)
Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7 (32 & 64-bit)
Includes as standard one hi-speed USB 2.0 (1.1 compatible) and one Ethernet port (10/100Base-T)
34"(W) x 16"(H) x 30"(D)
Printer weight: 115 lb
BorderFree® Roll-Based Printing
Complete borderless printing on the following roll media sizes: 8", 10", 11", 13", 14", 16", 16.5", 17"
Top and bottom edges can be automatically cut to any length when printing on roll media
Safety standards UL 60950-1, CSA C22.2 No.60950-1, Low Voltage Directive 2006/95/EC - EN60950-1
EMC FCC Part 15 subpart B class B, CAN/CSA-CEI/IEC CISPR 22 Class B, AS/NZS CISPR Class B, EMC Directive 2004/108/EC - EN 55022 Class B, EN 55024, EN61000-3-2, EN61000-3-3
Maximum paper width 17"
Left and right margins 0 to 3 mm each (0.24" total)
Maximum printable width 17.23" (full bleed 17" width)
Maximum printable length Limited by application, OS, and driver/RIP used
Roll media size Single roll up to 17" width
Roll media length Up to 132' (limited by core dia.)
Cut-sheet size 8" x 10" up to 17" x 24" media
Auto-loading Cassette 0.08 to 0.27mm thick media, 20 to 100 sheet capacity based on media type and thickness
Media core compatibility Handles both 2" and 3" cored media
Max. roll media diameter 4" (2"core) or 6" (3"core)
Weight 12 lb bond up to 1.5 mm
Built-in media cutter Rotary cutting, Automatic and manual single pass cut on up to 17" wide roll media
Optional SpectroProofer (d)
Carriage mechanism 17" wide
Spectrophotometer X-Rite ILS20EP/EPUV
Measurement accuracy Below 0.2 dECMC
Minimum patch size 7 mm x 15 mm
Measurement time 15 patches per second
UV handling UV and UV-cut version available (at time of order)
Backing color White and black backing plates included
Media Thickness Up to 18 point (0.45 mm)
Temperature Sensor Both internal / external temperature readings
Workflow integration Most leading third-party RIPs and workflows.
Epson Intelligent Ink Cartridges (b)
Starter Cartridge fill volume 80 ml each color x 11 cartridges total
Replacement Cartridge fill volume 200 ml each color x 11 cartridges total
Ink cartridge shelf life (recommended) 2 years from production date or 6 months after open
+ or - 0.2% of specified page length
Display Permanence Ratings (c)
Epson UltraChrome HDR Ink
Color Up to 200 years
Black-and-White Over 200 years
Operating 50° to 95°F (10° to 35°C)
Storage -4° to 104°F (-20° to 40°C)
Relative Humidity 20 to 80%
Operating 40 to 50%
Recommended storage 5 to 85% (no condensation)
Voltage AC 110-240 V
Frequency 50-60 Hz
Current 1.0 A /110-120 V
Operating Approx. 52 W or less
Standby Less than 8.5 W
Power Off Less than 0.5 W
ENERGY STAR compliant
(a) Based upon print engine speed only. Total throughput times depend upon front-end RIP, file size, printer resolution, ink coverage, networking, etc. Normal Mode based on SuperFine - 1440 dpi HS.
(b) Cartridge yields vary considerably based on images printed, print settings, temperature and humidity. Yields may be lower when printing infrequently or predominately with one ink color. A variable amount of ink remains in the cartridge after the "replace cartridge" signal. Part of the ink from the first cartridges is used for priming the printer. Ink is used for both printing and print head maintenance. All inks are used for both black and color printing.
(c) Display permanence rating based on accelerated testing of prints on specialty media, displayed indoors, under glass. Actual print stability will vary according to media, printed image, display conditions, light intensity, humidity and atmospheric conditions. Epson does not guarantee longevity of prints. For maximum print life, display all prints under glass or lamination or properly store them.
(d) Adding SpectroProofer imparts three functional changes: Borderless printing and the front straight through thick-cut paper path are not available, minimum roll media cut length increases to 8.25 inches.