This camera includes the Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Lens.
This relatively compact, full-frame DSLR camera offers a range of travel-friendly features. The 6D features an impressive 20.2-megapixel CMOS sensor, a DIGIC 5+ image processor, with reduced noise and exceptional speed, and an astounding ISO range of 100-25,600 (expandable to 102,400), which makes it perfect for photographers attracted to scenes with low-level light.
What makes it especially attractive to location shooters is its built-in Wi-Fi transmitter that allows you to wirelessly transfer images to social networking sites, share your images with Wi-Fi enabled Canon cameras or upload virtually anywhere on your iOS or Android smartphone. You can even use your smartphone for remote camera control and operation or even print your images on a Wi-Fi compatible printer.
The 6D also features a built-in GPS receiver that records location information (latitude, longitude, elevation and universal coordinated time (UTC) as EXIF information for geotagging images) as well as keeping track of where you’ve been through the day.
Falling between the 5D Mark III and the 7D in Canon’s DSLR lineup, the 6D provides some of the 5D’s features, including Silent Shutter mode, for discreet shooting, in-camera HDR (high dynamic range) and Multiple Exposure modes. Other features include continuous shooting up to 4.5 fps, 11-point AF, iFCL Metering with 63-zone dual-layer metering sensor that utilizes AF and color information for optimizing exposure and image quality. The 6D is also compatible with all Canon EF lenses.From the Manufacturer:
The EOS 6D DSLR camera is the ideal tool for unlocking your creative vision. It features a 20.2 Megapixel Full-Frame CMOS sensor, a wide ISO range of 100-25600, expandable to L: 50, H1: 51200, and H2: 102400, for incredible image quality even in low light, and a DIGIC 5+ Image Processor delivers enhanced noise reduction and exceptional processing speed. A new 11-point AF including a high-precision center cross-type AF point with EV -3 sensitivity allows focusing in extreme low-light conditions, and with continuous shooting up to 4.5 fps, you are ready to capture fast action.
Full HD video with manual exposure control, multiple frame rates, and the benefits of a Full-Frame sensor provides stunning performance and creative flexibility. The built-in Wi-Fi transmitter allows you to wirelessly transfer your images to social networking sites through CANON iMAGE GATEWAY, or upload virtually anywhere from your iOS or Android smartphone* with the free download of the EOS Remote app**. You can use your smartphone for remote camera control and operation (with the EOS Remote app), or even print your images on a Wi-Fi compatible printer. Perfect for travel and nature photography, the built-in GPS allows location data to be recorded while shooting. Compact, lightweight, brilliant low-light performance, and loaded with easy to use features, the EOS 6D is truly the Full-Frame DSLR camera for everyone.Features:
# One-time registration is required on CANON iMAGE GATEWAY.
- Newly designed 20.2 Megapixel Full-Frame CMOS sensor, 14-bit A/D conversion, a wide range ISO setting 100–25600 (L: 50, H1: 51200, H2: 102400) for shooting from bright to dim light, and the next generation DIGIC 5+ Image Processor for enhanced noise reduction and exceptional processing speed.
- New 11-point AF including a high-precision center cross-type AF point with EV-3 sensitivity for focusing in extreme low-light conditions and a bright, high-quality viewfinder for easy focusing.
- iFCL Metering with 63-zone dual-layer metering sensor that utilizes AF and color information for optimizing exposure and image quality.
- Continuous shooting up to 4.5 fps for capturing fast-action.
- EOS HD Video with manual exposure control and multiple frame rates (1080: 30p (29.97) / 24p (23.976) / 25p, 720: 60p (59.94) / 50p, 480: 30p (29.97) / 25p) with 4 GB automatic file partitioning (continuous recording time: 29 minutes, 59 seconds), selectable "All i-frame" (UHS-I Card is required) or IPB compressions, embedded timecode, and manual audio level control.
- Built-in Wi-Fi transmitter allows you to wirelessly transfer your images to social networking sites through CANON iMAGE GATEWAY#, share your images with Wi-Fi enabled Canon cameras, or upload virtually anywhere on your iOS or Android smartphone* with the free download of the EOS Remote app**. Use your smartphone for remote camera control and operation (with the EOS Remote app), or even print your images on a Wi-Fi compatible printer^.
- Built-in GPS## Receiver records location information (longitude, latitude, elevation and universal coordinated time (UTC)) as EXIF information for geotagging images when shooting.
- Compact and lightweight body with shutter durability tested up to 100,000 cycles and EOS Integrated Cleaning System for improved vibration-based dust removal.
- 3.0-inch Clear View LCD monitor, 160° viewing angle, 1,040,000-dot VGA, reflection resistance with multi coating and high-transparency materials for bright and clear viewing.
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) and Multiple Exposure modes expand creative possibilities, and Scene Intelligent Auto and Special Scene Modes lets you achieve high-quality images with ease.
- Compatible with SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards, including new Ultra High-Speed (UHS-I) cards.
* Compatible with iOS version 5.0 or later and Android devices version 2.3/4.0 or later. Data charges may apply.
** The EOS Remote app will be available soon. This software enables you to upload images to social network services. Before uploading images, please be aware that image files may contain privacy related information such as people and places. If necessary, please delete such information. Canon does not obtain, collect or use such images or any information included in such images through this software.
^ DPS over IP certified printer is required.
## In certain countries and regions, the use of GPS may be restricted. Therefore be sure to use GPS in accordance with the laws and regulations of your country or region. Be particularly careful when traveling outside your home country. As a signal is received from GPS satellites, take sufficient measures when using in locations where the use of electronics is regulated.
Type: Digital AF/AE single-lens reflex camera
Recording Media: SD card, SDHC card, SDXC memory card
Image Format: 35.8mm x 23.9mm (Full-Frame)
Compatible Lenses: Canon EF lenses (except EF-S and EF-M lenses)
Lens Mount: Canon EF mount
Type: CMOS Sensor
Pixels: Effective: Approx. 20.2 megapixels
Pixel Unit: 6.55 µm square
Total Pixels: Approx. 20.6 megapixels
Aspect Ratio: 3:2 (Horizontal: Vertical)
Color Filter System: RGB primary color filters
Low Pass Filter: Fixed position in front of the CMOS sensor
Dust Deletion Feature:
(1) Self Cleaning Sensor Unit
(2) Dust Delete Data acquisition and appending
(3) Manual cleaning of sensor
Recording Format: Complies with Design rule for Camera File system 2.0 and EXIF 2.30
Still: JPEG, RAW (14-bit, Canon original), RAW+JPEG
Video: MOV (Image data: H.264, Audio: Linear PCM)
(1) Large: Approx. 20.0 megapixels (5,472 x 3,648)
(2) Medium: Approx. 8.9 megapixels (3,648 x 2,432)
(3) Small 1: Approx. 5.0 megapixels (2,736 x 1,824)
(4) Small 2: Approx. 2.5 megapixels (1920 x 1280)
(5) Small 3: Approx. 350,000 pixels (720 x 480)
(6) RAW: Approx. 20.0 megapixels (5,472 x 3,648)
M RAW: Approx. 11.0 megapixels (4,104 x 2,736)
S RAW: Approx. 5.0 megapixels (2,736 x 1,824)
The following three types of file numbering methods can be set:
(1) Continuous numbering
(2) Auto reset
(3) Manual reset
RAW + JPEG Simultaneous Recording: Large RAW and JPEG images are recorded simultaneously
Color Space: sRGB, Adobe RGB
Picture Style: Auto, Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, User Defined 1-3
Settings: Auto, Preset (Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten Light, White Fluorescent Light, Flash), Custom (Approx. 2,000° - 10,000°K), Color Temperature (Approx. 2,500° - 10,000°K), White Balance Correction, and White Balance Bracketing
Auto White Balance: Auto white balance with the image sensor
Color Temperature Compensation
Blue/amber bias: ±9 levels
Magenta/green bias: ±9 levels
Color Temperature Information Transmission: Provided
Type: Eye-level SLR (with fixed pentaprism)
Coverage: Vertical/Horizontal approx. 97%
Magnification: Approx. 0.71x / 33.3°
Eye Point: Approx. 21mm (At -1m-1 from the eyepiece lens center)
Dioptric Adjustment Correction: -3.0 to +1.0m-1 (diopter)
Focusing Screen: Eg-A II provided. Interchangeable with Eg-D and Eg-S. Incompatible with Eg-A.
Mirror: Quick-return half mirror (transmission: reflection ratio of 40:60)
- AF information
AF points and focus confirmation
- Exposure information
Shutter speed, aperture, ISO speed (always displayed), AE lock, exposure level, exposure warning
- Flash information
Flash ready, flash exposure compensation, high-speed sync, FE lock
- Image information
Highlight tone priority (D+), maximum burst (2-digit display), card information
- Battery check
- Composition information
- Warning Symbol
Displayed if any of the following is set: Monochrome, white balance correction, expanded ISO speed, or spot metering.
Depth Of Field Preview: Enabled with depth-of-field preview button
Type: TTL secondary image-forming phase-difference detection system with AF-dedicated CMOS sensor
AF Points: 11 points
Center: cross-type at f/5.6; vertical line-sensitive at f/2.8.
Upper and lower AF points: vertical line-sensitive AF at f/5.6.
Other AF points: Horizontal line-sensitive AF at f/5.6.
AF Working Range:
Center AF Point: EV -3 to 18 (at 73°F/23°C, ISO 100)
Other AF points: EV +0.5 to 18 (at 73°F/23°C, ISO 100)
- One-Shot AF
- AI Servo AF
- AI Focus AF
2) Manual focus
AF Point Selection:
(1) Automatic selection
(2) Manual selection
Selected AF Point Display:
Displayed or indicated by superimposed display in the viewfinder and on the LCD monitor.
AF Assist Beam:
3) IR AF-assist beam only
Max. aperture TTL metering with 63-zone SPC with the following selectable modes:
1) Evaluative metering
2) Partial metering (center: approx. 8% of viewfinder)
3) Spot metering (center: approx. 3.5% of viewfinder)
4) Center-weighted average metering
Metering Range: EV 1-20 (at 73°F/23°C with EF50mm f/1.8 II lens, ISO 100)
Exposure Control Systems:
(1) Program AE (shiftable)
(2) Shutter-priority AE
(3) Aperture-priority AE
(4) Manual exposure
(6) Custom shooting mode
(1) Scene Intelligent Auto (Program AE / non-shiftable)
(2) Creative Auto
(3) Special Scene
- Night Portrait
- Handheld Night Scene
- HDR Backlight Control mode
ISO Speed Range:
For Stills: Manual setting range of ISO 100-25600 (expansion possible to ISO 50, ISO 51200 and 102400) in 1/3-stop or whole-stop increments)
(1) Manual : ±5 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
(2) AEB : ±3 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
Auto: Applied in One-Shot AF mode with evaluative metering when focus is achieved.
Manual: By AE lock button.
Type: Vertical-travel, mechanical, focal-plane shutter with all speeds electronically-controlled
Shutter Speeds: 1/4000 to 30 sec., X-sync at 1/180 sec. (Total shutter speed range. Available range varies by shooting mode.)
Shutter Release: Soft-touch electromagnetic release
Self Timer: 10-sec. or 2-sec. delay
Shutter Lag Time:
(1) During SW-1 ON, time lag between SW-2 ON and start of exposure: approx. 0.060 sec.
(2) Time lag between simultaneous SW-1/SW-2 ON and start of exposure: Approx. 0.144 sec.
Flash Metering: E-TTL II autoflash (evaluative flash metering and average flash metering)
Flash Exposure Compensation: ±3 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
FE Lock: Provided
(1) Single shooting
(2) Continuous shooting
(3) Silent single shooting
(4) Silent continuous shooting
(5) 10-sec. self-timer/Remote control
(6) 2-sec. self-timer
Continuous Shooting Speed:
Continuous shooting: Max. approx. 4.5 fps
Silent continuous shooting: Max. approx. 3.0 fps
Based on 8GB memory Card:
JPEG Large/Fine: Approx. 73 Shots
RAW: Approx. 14 Shots
RAW+JPEG Large/Fine: 7 Shots
Based on 8GB UHS-I memory card:
JPEG Large/Fine: Approx. 1250 Shots
RAW: Approx. 17 Shots
RAW + JPEG Large/Fine: 8 Shots
Live View Functions
Shooting Modes: Still photo shooting and video shooting
- FlexiZone - Single
- Face Detection Live mode
- Quick Mode AF
(2) Manual Focus
- Magnify the image by 5x or 10x and focus manually.
Metering Modes: Real-time evaluative metering with image sensor.
(1) Evaluative metering (315 zones)
(2) Partial metering (approx. 11% of Live View screen)
(3) Spot metering (approx. 3% of Live View screen)
(4) Center-weighted average metering
Metering Range: EV 0-20 (at 73°F/23°C with EF 50mm f/1.4 lens, ISO 100)
Grid Display: Provided (three grid displays)
Exposure Simulation: Provided
Silent Shooting: Provided (Mode 1 and 2)
File Format: MOV (Image data: MPEG-4 AVC / H.264); Audio: Linear PCM (Stereo)
1920 x 1080 (30 fps/25fps/24fps):
235 MB/min. with IPB compression
685 MB/min. with All-I compression
1280 x 720 (60 fps/50fps):
205 MB/min. with IPB compression
610 MB/min. with All-I compression
640 x 480 (30 fps/25fps):
78 MB/min. with IPB compression
1920 x 1080 (Full HD): 30p (29.97) / 24p (23.976) / 25p
1280 x 720 (HD): 60p (59.94) / 50p
640 x 480 (SD): 30p (29.97) / 25p
Continuous Shooting Time:
Based on 8GB Memory card
[1920 x 1080]
30 fps/25 fps/24 fps:
32 min. with IPB compression
11 min. with All-I compression
[1280 x 720]
60 fps/50 fps:
37 min. with IPB compression
12 min. with All-I compression
[640 x 480]
30 fps/25 fps:
97 min. with IPB or All-I compression
- FlexiZone - Single
- Face Detection Live mode
- Quick Mode AF
- Manual Focus
1. Magnified view is not possible during video shooting.
Range: Full Range (0-255)
(1) Program AE for movie shooting
(2) Manual exposure
Exposure Compensation: Provided (±3 stops in 1/3-stop increments)
Type: TFT color, liquid-crystal monitor
Monitor Size: 3.0-inches (Screen aspect ratio of 3:2); 7.7cm diagonal (6.37cm wide, 4.25cm high)
Pixels: Approx: 1,040,000 dots
Coverage: Approx. 100%
Brightness Control: Manually adjustable to one of 7 levels
Coating: Resin cover and anti-reflection AR coating
Interface Languages: 25 (English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian, Ukraine, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Korean, Japanese)
Single image display
- Two types of single-image full display, two types of shooting information
- Index display
4-image index and 9-image index
- Jump display
Jump 1/10/100 images, Shooting Date, Folder, Movies, Stills, or Rating
Highlight Alert: With single-image display (Info.) and single-image display, overexposed highlight areas will blink.
Histogram: Brightness and RGB can be displayed.
Image Protection and Erase
Protection: Erase protection can be applied/canceled for a single image, all images in a folder, or all images in the card.
Erase: Erase single image, erase selected images, erase all images on folder, erase all images in a card, or erase only unprotected images.
Compatible Printers: PictBridge-compatible printers
Printable Images: RAW and JPEG images complying to Design rule for Camera File System
DPOF: Complies to DPOF Version 1.1
Custom Functions: 20 Custom Functions
Custom Controls: The following camera controls can be customized by assigning the desired function: Shutter button halfway pressing, AF-ON button, AE lock button, Depth-of-field preview button, Lens AF Stop button, SET button, Main Dial, Quick Control Dial, and Multi-controller
My Menu Registration: Up to six top-tier menu options and Custom Function settings can be registered
USB Terminal: For personal computer communication and direct printing (USB 2.0 Hi-Speed)
Video Out Terminal:
(1) AV stereo OUT terminal: NTSC/PAL selectable
(2) mini-HDMI OUT terminal (Type C)
Battery: One Battery Pack LP-E6
- With the AC Adapter Kit ACK-E6, AC power is possible.
- With Battery Grip BG-E13, two battery packs (LP-E6) can be used. Or six AA-sized/LR6 batteries can be used
Battery Check: Automatic battery level check when power is turned ON
Battery level indicated in six levels.
Power Saving: Power turns off after the set time of non-operation elapses
Date/Time Battery: Built-in secondary battery
Start-up Time: Approx. 0.1 sec. (Based on CIPA testing standards)
Dimensions and Weight
Dimensions (W x H x D): Approx. 5.7 x 4.4 x 2.8 in./ 144.5 x 110.5 x 71.2mm
Weight: Approx. 26.7 oz. / 755g (CIPA standard); Approx. 24.0 oz. / 680g (Body only)
Working Temperature Range: 32-104°F/0-40°C
Working Humidity Range: 85% or less