The Canon Powershot ELPH 100 HS Pink is a compact still digital camera, which enables you to shoot in low-light conditions and in quiet areas at reduced noise levels. It comes with inbuilt flash, Optical Image Stabilizer, and 4x optical & 4x digital and 16x combined zoom to offer the best output.
- This ELPH digital camera help achieve blur-free, clear images as well as avoids unnecessary flash effects
- This Canon HS system includes PowerShot ELPH 100 HS Body, Battery Pack NB-4L, Wrist Strap WS-DC11, battery charger CB-2LV, USB interface cable IFC-400PCU, AV Cable AVC-400, and digital camera solution CD-ROM
- The 3 inch LCD screen camera offers an approximate 100% coverage and allows you to view shots with high resolution
- This 12.1 megapixel digital camera’s lens has a maximum aperture of f/2.8 (W) - f/5.9 (T) and a shutter speed range of 15-1/1500 sec
- It comes with a shooting capacity of 230 shots approximately
- This digital camera has a focal length of 5.0 (W)-20.0 (T) mm
- Shooting modes, photo effects, self timer, and continuous shooting are some of the additional shooting specifications available in this system
- The camera body alone weighs about 4.27oz and including batteries and memory card it weighs 4.94oz
- This 4x optical zoom digital camera has a dimensions of 3.67 x 2.20 x 0.78 inches
Type : Compact digital still camera with built-in flash, 4x Optical & 4x Digital & 16x Combined Zoom and Optical Image Stabilizer
Image Capture Device Type : 12.1 Megapixel, 1/2.3-inch CMOS
Total Pixels : Approx. 12.8 Megapixels
Effective Pixels : Approx. 12.1 Megapixels
Lens Focal Length : 5.0 (W) - 20.0 (T) mm (35mm film equivalent: 28 - 112mm)
Digital Zoom : Approx. 4x
Focusing Range : Normal AF: 1.2 in. (3cm) - infinity (W), 1.6 ft. (50cm) - infinity (T)
Macro: 1.2 in. - 1.6 ft. (30-50cm) (W)
Autofocus System : TTL Autofocus
Optical Viewfinder : N/A
LCD Monitor : 3.0-inch TFT color LCD (wide viewing angle type)
LCD Pixels : Approx. 230,000 dots
LCD Coverage : Approx. 100%
Aperture and Shutter
Maximum Aperture : f/2.8 (W) - f/5.9 (T)
Shutter Speed : 1-1/1500sec.
15-1/1500 sec. (Total shutter speed range)
Exposure Control : Sensitivity
Auto, ISO 100/200/400/800/1600/3200
Light Metering Method : Evaluative*, Center weighted average, Spot**
* Facial brightness is evaluated in Face AiAF.
** Fixed to center.
Exposure Control Method : AE Lock
Exposure Compensation : +/-2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
White Balance Control : Auto*, Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H, Custom
* Facial color is evaluated in Face AiAF
Flash Built-in Flash : Auto, Red-eye Reduction, Auto Red-eye Correction, Flash On, Flash Off; FE Lock, Slow Synchro, Smart Flash
Flash Range : 1.2-13 ft. (30cm-4.0m) (W), 1.6-6.6 ft. (50cm-2.0m) (T)
* Image brightness my diminish depending on the shooting distance
Recycling Time : 10 sec. or less (battery voltage: 3.7 V)
Flash Exposure Compensation : N/A
Shooting Modes : P, Auto, Movie Digest, Portrait, Kids & Pets, Smart Shutter1, High-speed Burst, Best Image Selection, Handheld Night Scene, Low Light, Fish-eye Effect, Miniature Effect, Toy Camera Effect, Monochrome, Super Vivid, Poster Effect, Color Accent, Color Swap, Beach Underwater, Foliage, Snow, Fireworks, Long Shutter, Stitch Assist, Movie2
1Smile, Wink, Self-timer, Face Self-timer
2Standard, Super Slow Motion Movie, Miniature Effect for Movies (Videos are recorded by pressing the movie button)
Photo Effects : My colors Off, Vivid, Neutral, Sepia, Black * White, Positive Film, Lighter Skin, Darker Skin, Vivid Blue, Vivid Green, Vivid Red, Custom Color*
*Adjustment of contrast, sharpness, saturation, red, green, blue and skin tone are available
Self Timer : Approx. 10-sec. delay/approx. 2-sec. delay/custom** Shooting start time (0-10 sec. (in one-second increments), 20/25/30 sec.) and number of shots (1-10 shots (in one-shot increments)) can be specified.
Wireless Control : N/A
Continuous Shooting : Approx. 3.4 shots/sec. (in P mode)
Approx. 8.2 shots/sec. (in High-speed Burst)
Image Storage : Storage Media
SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card, Eye-Fi, MultiMediaCard, MMCplus card, HC MMCplus card
File Format : Design rule for camera file system, DPOF Version 1.1 compliant
Image Recording Format : Normal, Fine
JPEG Compression Mode : Still Image: Exif 2.3 (JPEG)
Video: MOV (Image: H.264; Audio: Linear PCM (monaural))
Number of Recording Pixels : 16:9
4000 x 2248 (Large), 2816 x 1584 (Medium 1), 1920 x 1080 (Medium 2), 640 x 360 (Small)3:2
4000 x 2664 (Large), 2816 x 1880 (Medium 1), 1600 x 1064 (Medium 2), 640 x 424 (Small)
4000 x 3000 (Large), 2816 x 2112 (Medium 1), 1600 x 1200 (Medium 2), 640 x 480 (Small)
2992 x 2992 (Large), 2112 x 2112 (Medium 1), 1200 x 1200 (Medium 2), 480 x 480 (Small)
Number of Recordable Images Image data
16:9 3:2 4:3
File Size(KB) 4 GB 16 GB File Size(KB) 4 GB 16 GB File Size(KB) 4 GB 16 GB
Large(1) F 2,311 1,630 6,677 2,738 1,386 5,680 3,084 1,231 5,042
N 1,105 3,352 13,727 1,309 2,873 11,766 1,474 2,514 10,295
Medium(1) F 1,210 3,084 12,671 1,436 2,623 10,743 10,620 2,320 9,503
N 585 6,034 24,709 694 5,247 21,486 780 4,641 19,007
Medium(2) F 604 6,034 24,709 496 7,099 29,070 558 6,352 26,010
N 300 10,972 44,927 246 13,410 54,911 278 12,069 49,420
Small(S) F 113 24,139 98,840 133 20,116 82,367 150 20,116 82,367
N 63 40,233 164,734 75 30,174 123,550 84 30,174 123,550
Medium(2) F N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A 836 4,310 17,649
N N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A 150 8,046 32,946
File Size(KB) 4 GB 16 GB
Large(1) F 2,301 1,652 6,769
N 1,100 3,352 13,727
Medium(1) F 1,210 3,094 12,671
N 585 6,034 24,709
Medium(2) F 420 8,046 32,946
N 208 15,087 61,775
Small(S) F 113 24,139 98,840
N 63 40,233 164,734
Note: N=Normal F=Fine
Storage Capacity varies depending on camera settings. This data is estimated from Canon's standard shooting conditions. Figures for Movie Mode represent total capacity of the particular media.
* When in High-Speed Burst, Best Image Selection and Low Light modes.
** The approximate number of images recordable on memory cards other than the above can be calculated by using the above figures as a reference and extrapolating accordingly.
Time of Recordable Movies:
Full HD: 1920x1080 HD: 1280x720 640x480 320x240
24 fps 30 fps 30 fps 30 fps
Movie Size(KB/sec.) 4,261 2,960 1,322 401
4GB 14 min 21 min. 46 min. 2 hr. 23 min.
53 sec. 23 sec. 46 sec. 41 sec.
16GB 1 hr. 1 min. 0 sec. 1 hr. 27 min 3 hr.11 min. 9 hr. 48 min
37 sec. 32 sec. 19 sec.
Super Slow Miniature Effect
640x480 320x240 HD: 1280x720 640x480
120 fps 240 fps 5x 10x 20x 5x 10x 20x
6 fps 3 fps 1.5 fps 6 fps 3 fps 1.5 fps
Movie Size(KB/sec.) 4,914 2,457 573 287 143 246 123 61
4GB 12 min. 25 min. 1 hr.45 min. 3 hr.21 min 5 hr.35 min. 3 hr. 43min. 6 hr. 42 min. 11 hr. 10 min.
58 sec. 46 sec. 52 sec. 9 sec. 43 sec. 30 sec. 20 sec. 33 sec.
16GB 53 min. 1 hr.45 min. 7 hr.13 min. 13 hr.43 min 22 hr.52 min. 15 hr. 15min. 27 hr. 27 min. 45 hr. 45 min.
7 sec. 35 sec. 30 sec. 40 sec. 47 sec. 11 sec. 20 sec. 35 sec.
Playback Specifications Playback Modes File:
- Stills & Videos: Auto Rotate (Automatic vertical/horizontal detection), Image Advance (Operation Tools, Transition effects, Scroll Display), Rotate, Favorites, My Category, Smart Shuffle, Filtered Playback, Slide Show (Playback Interval, Repeat, Effect, Playlist)?
- Still Images: Single, Index (4-100 thumbnails), Magnification (2-10x), Information Display, Red-eye Correction, i-Contrast, Trimming, Resize, My Colors, Focus Check, Histogram, Overexposure Warning?
- Videos: Normal Playback*, Slow Motion**, Special Playback, Editing, Resume* Auto settings available in 5 levels?** 5 levels (including normal playback), sound not available.
Erasing Specifications Erase Modes : Select image, select range, all images (all filtered images)?
- The image data in the memory card stored with the Design rule for Camera File systems format can be erased (however, protected images cannot be erased).
- Using the Movie editing function, beginning/end sections of the movie (1 sec. increments) can be deleted.
Interfaces Computer Interface : Hi-Speed USB (Dedicated connector (female) with unified type of digital, audio and video
Video Out : Monaural (dedicated connector (female) unified type of digital, audio, and video)
Audio Out : Stereo (dedicated connector (female) with unified type of digital, audio and video)
Other : Mini-HDMI cable: connection to high definition monitor; SD Memory card slot; direct connection to Canon SELPHY Compact Photo Printers, PIXMA Inkjet Photo Printers and PictBridge-compatible printers via camera's USB 2.0 Hi-speed cable
Power Supply : Battery Pack NB-4L, Compact Power Adapter CA-DC10 (when used with DC Couple DR-10) Approx. 230 shots Approx. 5 hours
Power Source : Battery Pack NB-4L, Compact Power Adapter CA-DC10 (when used with DC Couple DR-10)
Shooting Capacity : Approx. 230 shots
Playback Time : Approx. 5 hours
Physical Specifications Operating Temperature : 32-104°F/0-40°C
Operating Humidity : 10-90%
Dimensions (W x H x D) : 3.67 x 2.20 x 0.78 in./ 93.1 x 55.9 x 19.9mm
Weight : 4.94 oz. / 140g (including the batteries and memory card)
4.27 oz. / 121g (camera body only)
Note: 26 display languages provided (English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Portuguese, Korean, Greek, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Turkish, Thai, Arabic, Romanian, Ukrainian, Farsi).