- Interlocking Pulso bayonet, which permits a 360° rotation of the mounted light shapers.
- 600ws flash energy (100 V version: 500ws), control range over 5 f-stops in whole or 1/10 f-stop increments.
- Internal discharge in case of a reduction of power.
- Able to be triggered through a sync port, Radio Frequency System (RFS), Infrared Receiver (IR) and photocell (can be switched off separately).
- Modeling light with 6 different proportionality levels
- Front panel with illuminated digital display, LED display as well as a dust and scratch-proof illuminated silicone keyboard.
- Visual and audible ready display (buzzer can be switched off).
- Fan cooling for long flash sequences,
- Robust metal housing with integrated umbrella holder, big handle, thermal protection and overload circuit breaker.
- Integrated tilt head with locking lever.
- Stand adapter for 12 mm and 16 mm bolts.
- The bracket of the compact unit with the stand adapter can be installed upwards for suspended mounting.
Flash energy : 600 J (100 V: 500 J)
f-stop at a distance of 2 m / 6.6 feet
100 ISO, reflector : P50 // P70 45 5/10 // 32 5/10 (100 V: 45 2/10 // 32 2/10)
Flash duration t 0.1 (t 0.5) : 1/420 s (1/1500 s) with mains voltage 110 – 240 V
=> with mains voltage 100 V: about 20 % longer
Charging time (for 100 % of selected energy) : 230 V / 50 Hz: 0,4 – 1,4 s, 120 V / 60 Hz: 0,4 – 1,9 s, 100 V / 50 Hz: 0,4 – 3,0 s,
Can be switched to slow charge mode
The technical data of the Minicom 80 are optimised for a certain mains voltage (200-240 V or 120 V). If the unit is operating on an alternative mains voltage, an
extension of the charging time results. If the units is operating on mains voltage 100 V the maximum flash energy is reduced to 500 J.
Ready display : Visual and audible (can be switched off), signals when 100 % of selected energy is reached
Controls : Illuminated digital display, LED display as well as dust- and scratch-proof, illuminated silicone keyboard
Control range of flash energy : over 4 f-stops in 1/10 increments (1:16); can be switched to 5 f-stops (1:32)
(100 V: 1/3 f-stop less)
Modelling light : Halogen max. 300 W
Proportional to flash energy as well as „full“ and “low” settings. Proportionality adjustable to all broncolor flash systems and the various output levels.
Additional functions : - Sequences (serial flashes) up to 50 flashes
- Sensibility of the photocell can be reduced
Flash release : Manual release button, photocell and infrared receiver (can be switched off), sync cable, FCM 2, FCC, IRX2, transmitter RFS, transceiver RFS
Flash monitoring : Visual: Dim or boost function of the modelling light during charging
Remote control : By means of the 8 channel RFS Interface (Radio Frequency System) for remote control of the unit by radio from Servor RFS as well as transceiver RFS from PC or Macintosh computer. Up to 8 units can be controlled Per channel (studio), there can be controlled up to 8 units.
Operational distance outdoors : up to 30 m / 98.4 feet
Operational distance in closed rooms : up to 20 m / 65.6 feet
Range : up to 300 m / 984 feet
Number of sync sockets : 2
Dimensions (L x W X H) : 286 x 154 x 194 mm / 11.2 x 6 x 7.6 inch
Weight : 3,3 kg / 7.3 lb
Stabilized flash voltage : +/- 1,5%
Cooling : Fan
Power requirements : 200-240 V / 50-60 Hz: 6 A, 100-120 V / 50-60 Hz: 10 A
Standards : EC standard 73/23, UL 122, ERM EN 300 220-1,-3, EMC EN 301 489-1,-3, EN 60950, EN 50371, FCC Part 15
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
(1) This device may not cause harmful interference and
(2) This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Changes or modifications to this unit not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
Light shaper : all broncolor light shapers
Remote : release RFS transmitter, IRX2, FCM2, FCC
Remote control : Transeiver RFS