The Broncolor MINICOM 40 RFS lighting equipment is a compact and lightweight photography lighting equipment. This is the best lighting equipment for those who need 300 w/s, 110 volt AC monolight equipment with a built in radio slave receiver. The Broncolor Minicom 40 radio receiver is compatible with all Broncolor head accessories.
This photography lighting equipment features LED display power settings and push-buttons to adjust the power levels of flash and modeling lights.
- The Broncolor photography lighting equipment has a flash variability of Stepless 5 F–stops, which drops to 1/32 of full power on constant adjustment
- Has voltage stabilization of +/- 1.5%
- Features a changeable reflector, user-replaceable flash tube, and flash ready indicator
- The Broncolor photography lighting equipment also features a fan and auto dump
- It offer quick flash duration, large control range, and repetitive precision
- The Broncolor moonlight equipment has a powerful halogen modeling light
- Compatible with all Broncolor flash systems at different power levels
- The Broncolor Minicom 40 equipment can be remote controlled using the RFS Interface
Flash energy : 300 J (100 V: 250 J)
F-stop at a distance of 2 m / 6.6 feet
100 ISO, reflector P50 // P70 : 32 5/10 // 22 5/10 (100 V: 32 2/10 // 22 2/10)
Flash duration t 0.1 (t 0.5) : 1/900 s (1/2500 s) with mains voltage 110 – 240 V
=> with mains voltage 100 V: about 20 % longer
Charging time (for 100 % of selected energy) : 230 V / 50 Hz: 0,3 – 0,9 s, 120 V / 60 Hz: 0,3 – 1,2 s, 100 V / 50 Hz: 0,3 – 1,5 s
Can be switched to slow charge mode
The technical data of the Minicom 40 are optimised for a certain mains voltage (200-240 V or 120 V).If the unit is operating on an alternative mains voltage,
an extension of the charging time results. If the unit is operating on mains voltage 100 V, the maximum flash energy is reduced to 250 J.
Ready display : Visual and audible (can be switched off), signals when 100% of selected energy is reached
Controls : Illuminated digital display, LED display as well as dust and scratch-proof, illuminated silicone keyboard
Control range of flash energy : over 4 f-stops in 1/10 increments (1:16); can be switched to 5 f-stops (1:32)
(100 V: 1/3 f-stop less)
Modelling light : Halogen max. 300 W
Proportional to flash energy as well as „full“ and “low” settings. Proportionality adjustable to all broncolor flash systems and the various output levels.
Additional functions : - Sequences (serial flashes) up to 50 flashes
- Sensibility of the photocell can be reduced
Flash release : Manual release button, photocell and infrared receiver (can be switched off), sync cable, FCM 2, FCC, IRX2, transmitter RFS, transceiver RFS
Flash monitoring : Visual: Dim or boost function of the modelling light during charging
Remote control : By means of the 8 channel RFS Interface (Radio Frequency System) for remote control of the unit by radio from servor RFS as well as transceiver RFS from PC or Macintosh computer. Up to 8 units can be controlled per channel (studio).
Operational distance outdoors : up to 30 m / 98.4 feet
Operational distance in closed rooms : up to 20 m / 65.6 feet
Range : up to 300 m / 984.2 feet
Number of sync sockets : 2
Dimensions (L x W X H) : 286 x 154 x 194 mm /11.2 x 6 x 7.6 inch
Weight : 3 kg / 6.6 lb
Stabilized flash voltage : +/- 1,5 %
Cooling : Fan
Power requirements : 200-240 V / 50-60 Hz: 6 A, 100-120 V / 50-60 Hz: 10 A
Standards : EC standard 73/23, UL 122, ERM EN 300 220-1,-3, EMC EN 301 489-1,-3, EN 60950, EN 50371, FCC Part 15
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
(1) This device may not cause harmful interference and
(2) This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Changes or modifications to this unit not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
Light shaper : all broncolor light shapers
Remote release : RFS transmitter, IRX2, FCM2, FCC
Remote control : Transeiver RFS